Wave Break Island Social October 22-24

tugger

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lots of nasty thorns the big goat head ones that go through thongs around there brad then you are high up to and lose sight of the boats and the water whirl pools around and plays havic on the boats just after the rock wall i still like that last place as there is a big enough area to pitch the tarp and have the tents nearby. i think we go down there and a few of us that are there on the friday go along and pick the best site available

fergie wrote:

well loolks like i wont be able to make this one either guys :(

i'll be setting sail on a P&O cruise to vanuatu :woohoo: :woohoo:

to get married :unsure::P

have fun!!

Congrats ! Who's the lucky girl ? :P

You could always catch a smaller cruiser to Wavebreak...

I'm sure the boys will let you have your own tent :unsure:

i think we all used the grand hotel ramp last time and it won't be blocked off Bri The Pom wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
may get a bit busy down there,can we still get to the ramp any body know what streets are closed?

The ramp at the spit maybe difficult, I use the ramp at the grand hotel that should be ok.

this should be good ,i can't wait .

scott keen to come again ,but he will leave us Sunday to go to the indy .

one of the boys is keen too ,so will be good with the bigger boat .

do some fishing ,bring more camping gear ,no sleeping on other guys boats etc .lol

not real keen on the crowds and the indy being on ,but i think it should be ok .

ramp and island is far enough way so should still be ok .

heard of plenty of cobia and yellow tail kingies caught down the gold coast lately, i will be targeting these if we get outside and there is always a chance of a school mack around as well. i am going to have my mackerel rigs down there and if anyone wants me to show them for the summer season fast approaching don't hesitate to ask they are dynamite on the mackies.

the seaway has also been producing lots of average sized jew by the reports lately as well and all the species will be around on this weekend with a good moon phase in our favour. i'm shore if we ask nicely bri the pom might give us some tips on those big flaties swimming around near the island

3 weeks to go woohoo :fishing:

straddiebrad wrote:

ok seen them today for $400 might have to get one,anybody know of anywhere cheaper.brad
seen em for 380 today, the boys with the 680 are in for thos too. gunna be good. i better pull my finger out n get the boat rewady then ay, always next weekend. prob take da weekend too, grrr

this should be a big 1 if everyone comes that said they would we'll have to delegate people for coordinaters in specific jobs and i vote kev and malcom to be incharge of entertainment, rob incharge of offshore fishing, bri the pom incharge of fishing around the seaway and broadwater, and i'll be parking for boats along the beach infront of camp B)

tugger wrote:

this should be a big 1 if everyone comes that said they would we'll have to delegate people for specific jobs and i vote kev and malcom to be incharge of entertainment, rob incharge of offshore fishing, bri the pom incharge of fishing around the seaway and broadwater, and i'll be parking for boats along the beach infront of camp B)

Sounds perfect but if the entertainment is crap we'll try again :laugh:

what do you all think of making it a bit more interesting with having the weekend as a freindly fishing social comp as well with a largest offshore species(outside the seaway) and a largest inshore species(inside the seaway), with a start time of friday midday to sunday midday and the fishos only have to come to wave break island once at least any time between the aloted times. fish to be presented on a measuring device in a photo and results to be posted during the report on AFO all just for bragging rights :ta:

tugger wrote:

what do you all think of making it a bit more interesting with having the weekend as a freindly fishing social comp as well with a largest offshore species(outside the seaway) and a largest inshore species(inside the seaway), with a start time of friday midday to sunday midday and the fishos only have to come to wave break island once at least any time between the aloted times. fish to be presented on a measuring device in a photo and results to be posted during the report on AFO all just for bragging rights :ta:

Sounds good Mark.

crazywalrus wrote:

tugger wrote:

Sounds good Mark.

Don't forget King/Queen of the beach! B)

Archived