Wave Break Island Social October 22-24

tugger

The 22nd to the 24th of october is the weekend we will look at camping and fishing down on wave break island on the broadwater in front of the gold coast seaway. It is very accessable to any size boat and has a lot of fishing options with yabbie banks at 1 end and the seaway just a short ride away. This time of year will hold flathead, whiting, bream off the island and tailor, jew etc in the seaway. For the adventurous there are reefs close by which black kingfish, tailor etc inhabit and snapper, sweetlip etc a bit further out.

I will go down on the friday with my gear so there will be a tarp and table set up with lights and cooking facilties with me. If you come don't forget to bring a folding chair for around the camp fire at night. If your in the area just for the day don't forget to drop in and say hello, anyone is welcome to join us for the day or all weekend.

There is a good beach in front of camp for the boats all weekend and is very sheltered. The ramp is only a couple of minutes away and there are plenty of shops near by if you forget something. Hope to see you there

mark

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not a national park as its a man made island, we've been there plenty of times before and plenty of people camp there

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Wouldn't mind checking it out myself chief, be good to give the boat a test run across the broadwater. Looking into marine licencing at the moment, needs to be done before she hits the water with me at the helm.

It's all good and legal to camp on the island?

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

u will be ok .

i went there in a old 3.6 m (12 foot ) with a 3.5 hp on the bum ok .

only thing i found is if the tide if running out the sea way the trip back was very slow .

as for shelter there is always somewhere to hide for the elements .

Power won't be an issue with the Tohatsu on the transom, the hull size in those waters if it kicks up a bit was my main worry. Afterall, I am a boating Noobie :blush: . Only just brought the rig from Matsmad a week or so ago

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Bri The Pom wrote:
No problem you will always find shelter somewhere, the canals are only 500mtrs away.

Good to know Bri, do you know it those canals are fishable and produce any decent bream?

Good for Bream,jacks,trevs and i troll for flatties as well.check em out on google we will be camping on the northern side of wavebreak.

Mr FeLiX wrote:

Davo_Dinkum wrote:
u will be ok .

only thing i found is if the tide if running out the sea way the trip back was very slow .

Power won't be an issue with the Tohatsu on the transom, the hull size in those waters if it kicks up a bit was my main worry. Afterall, I am a boating Noobie :blush: . Only just brought the rig from Matsmad a week or so ago

u will be ok m8 ,enough of the guys to look after u .and a enough hp to get out of trouble .

small boat in rough weather = wet .but slow and steady to camp site then have fun and and on the way home.

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

Mr FeLiX wrote:
Davo_Dinkum wrote:
u will be ok .

u will be ok m8 ,enough of the guys to look after u .and a enough hp to get out of trouble .

small boat in rough weather = wet .but slow and steady to camp site then have fun and and on the way home.

Thanks Davo, good to hear some words of encouragement. Yeah, the 25 is plenty to get me out of a pinch I'd say. Realitsically, I should never need to use all 25 of those horses in normal conditions, would be fun though

Archived