Weekend away for the AFO Wanderers

dassa

love it when a plan gets together , sunsets over the water, camp fires on the beach, sand between the toes, blood in the boat, having coldies with mates now have i missed anything
loss of blood to the air assault squad (FRIGGEN MOZZIES and midgees) stock up on insect spray!!!!!!

i will plan now to be there, will drag the lil tin down for some fun! i can bring a daylite paddler and kids yak for the kids to play on for the weekend!

morepiss morepiss seems to keep the mozzies away :woohoo: and the fire :evil: this it looking to be a cracker of a weekend,might pay for everyone to bring a little bit of wood if ya have room
the hell, i'm takin down a chainsaw this time.sort those lil stumps out once n for all.:whistle:
what will davo trip over now :lol::P

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Tugger - will do. Looking forward to learning a thing or two and having a beer or two!!!!!

no worries just bring some 27lb single strand wire with small black swivels and i use 4/0 big gun mustard hooks then we'll rig them up for you and a block of pilchards will keep you going all morning
I'm in for this. Will have my 14ft tinny and will prob bring a mate. Alright to invite another mate with his 16ft I assume - will tell him to join AFO.

Tugger - had planned to go to the last one as was keen to see your mackeral rig. Any chance of another tutorial? Will check again closer to the trip to see what hardware you need to do your rigs. In the meantime, save some mackeral for us!!!!

Kelvin.

P.S. Will be good to finally put some names to faces. I'm a bit like MoparKev - bought a house last June (in Murarrie) and all the work on it has left less time for fishing than I'd like, but am getting there now finally!!!!

love it when a plan gets together , sunsets over the water, camp fires on the beach, sand between the toes, blood in the boat, having coldies with mates now have i missed anything
loss of blood to the air assault squad (FRIGGEN MOZZIES and midgees) stock up on insect spray!!!!!!

i will plan now to be there, will drag the lil tin down for some fun! i can bring a daylite paddler and kids yak for the kids to play on for the weekend!

morepiss morepiss seems to keep the mozzies away :woohoo: and the fire :evil: this it looking to be a cracker of a weekend,might pay for everyone to bring a little bit of wood if ya have room
the hell, i'm takin down a chainsaw this time.sort those lil stumps out once n for all.:whistle:
what will davo trip over now :lol::P

i can trip over my own feet just fine ,no tree stumps needed

well i took the boat for a run with travis over the weekend and only stayed close by, so peel island was the chosen spot, pffft nothin but bloody sharks there, so we thought it might be a better idea if we called it a night, so lines wound in and went to hit the key, and buggar me, flooded the damn thing, grrrrrrrr

so cleaned the plugs after several attempts, and finally it fired up and ran, but this was short lived.well ended up gettin a mate patty to come tow us back to redland bay boat ramp at like 4 am. and found out the stator that was failing along with the broken flywheel had taken out the power pack also, so replacin that and there is also a sensor that will be replaced, and hopefully take the pig for a burn this weekend to see how it goes this time around, after the work done last time i noticed a miss fire in the engine around the 5500 rpm mark. this time round it should be seein 6200 rpm like it once did, otherwise looks like a tinnie job for wavebreak, wish that 50 was a tiller steer, hmmmmm.

OK GETTING THE PARTS TOMORROW AND FITTING THEM AFTER WORK . so touch wood this is it all sorted now. was thinkin of goin for a run from manly down to wavebreak on the weekend on saturday i think, see how it goes ? so gimme ya number ? :lol:

I'll be stuffing around in mine over at Straddie on the weekend give me a ring if ya trouble

well got the parts but fell asleep this arvo so puttin it together tomorrow arvo, and if it starts that will be a good thing. then to the river for a test flog, if it misfires, i'll be hesitant in taking it, but if it doesnt, i'll go for a good run on the weekend. can always tow the tinnie behind ? hmmmmm. ohh kev is in for this too, heard from him today, so look out. :lol:

My daughter and friend want to tag along the second weekend, any other girls age 14 going so they can talk nail varnish, whilst i'm off wrestling jewies.

girl 6 ,boy 8 ,girl 11 ,boy 13,girl 15,boy 17 .

i got all age groups covered lol

well that finalises my decision... im not going :lol: :lol:

well i took the boat for a run with travis over the weekend and only stayed close by, so peel island was the chosen spot, pffft nothin but bloody sharks there, so we thought it might be a better idea if we called it a night, so lines wound in and went to hit the key, and buggar me, flooded the damn thing, grrrrrrrr

so cleaned the plugs after several attempts, and finally it fired up and ran, but this was short lived.well ended up gettin a mate patty to come tow us back to redland bay boat ramp at like 4 am. and found out the stator that was failing along with the broken flywheel had taken out the power pack also, so replacin that and there is also a sensor that will be replaced, and hopefully take the pig for a burn this weekend to see how it goes this time around, after the work done last time i noticed a miss fire in the engine around the 5500 rpm mark. this time round it should be seein 6200 rpm like it once did, otherwise looks like a tinnie job for wavebreak, wish that 50 was a tiller steer, hmmmmm.

"Its dark man........ i dont know where im goin..... what am i doin out here???..... ahhhhh..... i dont even know where the ramp was" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

just go through the second set of green and whites and follow them around to your right and take a left at the last 1, it's that easy :lol: .:lol: .:S that was the funniest sh!t i have heard in a long time. lmao now even

"Its dark man........ i dont know where im goin..... what am i doin out here???..... ahhhhh..... i dont even know where the ramp was" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

well just fitted the cdi unit to the motor and fired her up, and it sounds completely different now, sounds strong, like it did years ago , not like a 90hp. just need to get it to the water now, sayin probably do that friday arvo. wonder if it will 90 kmh then ????lmao

hey also, for those of you that think it is a lil to far to get to the reefs, lemme know and you can stick close to me, as i will be havin a troll on the way down there. if it's real good might have a spot for 2 others. said might. but def 1.

well just fitted the cdi unit to the motor and fired her up, and it sounds completely different now, sounds strong, like it did years ago , not like a 90hp. just need to get it to the water now, sayin probably do that friday arvo. wonder if it will 90 kmh then ????lmao

hey also, for those of you that think it is a lil to far to get to the reefs, lemme know and you can stick close to me, as i will be havin a troll on the way down there. if it's real good might have a spot for 2 others. said might. but def 1.

if ya want i will go with ya on friday arvo for a run

if ya want i will go with ya on friday arvo for a run
righto.only goin down the river, i'll call ya when i'm leavin work. will have the boat ready to go that mornin. so just home n hook it up.

Hi Rob - I do nto think my boys would get bored as they will probably bottom fish and play with the scorpion Cod and the like. Sorry I do not understand the rest of your comment. My biggest concern is weather the boat can take it and so on.

Your boat should be fine Ted, if the weather allows I'll be following the boys down in mine.

Archived