Weekend away for the AFO Wanderers

dassa

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah me too, took the boat for a spin today, left colmslie, just kept headin to the mouth, and gave it a lil rev and it was quite happily sittin on 6000 rpm but wasnt flat, and pulls hard now, and never missed a beat, even turned it off trav and no worries startin it again, woot woot, so looks like she is all sorted, and goin like a bullet again, gotta love chime walkin in a fishin boat ay.:woohoo: so ended up goin hafl way around mud island and back to colmslie on about 30 litres of goey. sittin on 50-55 kmh

nice one.... always a bonus when she starts again :lol: i will just do the seaworld thing with you blokes, just empty all the gear outta the truck so nothing goes if it gets broken into, ill be leaving eagle farm @ 2 @ the latest, what time are you leavin yours and is anyone else goin about the same time?

Henry your more then welcome to come down thats the beauty of these weekend's all share but remember more beer more beer.

1 question from me does anyone have a 12 volt plug in there boat to blow up some air beds for the misses and kids :whistle: :whistle:

I am bringing down a battery pump if you want to use it

Are you thinking of coming to wave break island as we could all go down there together through the seaway if the weather is good and i would only go as far as the mermaid reef from the seaway its alot closer and the mackerel have been firing there to

Hey, Ive got a 4.55m SeaJay with a 50hp tiller steer. Would this be ok to go to Palm Beach? Never been there before and would be keen to go if the weathers ok.

just looked at this thread again quickly to make myself jealous about not being able to make it for the 25-27th Feb weekend...

am i right in reading that people will be down there this weekend coming up? and is that just a day trip on saturday/sunday or is it a full weekend camping trip? i should be able to pop down there this weekend if i'm lucky and earn some brownie points (should probably get off AFO and spend time with the wife being valentines and all :whistle: )

just looked at this thread again quickly to make myself jealous about not being able to make it for the 25-27th Feb weekend...

am i right in reading that people will be down there this weekend coming up? and is that just a day trip on saturday/sunday or is it a full weekend camping trip? i should be able to pop down there this weekend if i'm lucky and earn some brownie points (should probably get off AFO and spend time with the wife being valentines and all :whistle: )

I'm looking for a deckie Neal ;)

shame brad, gunna miss the sight of me gettin a fish as big as the boat :lol: if i make it out of the seaway :evil:

ill bring a boom box this time so were not taking it in turns winding up davos radie/torch :lol:

classic luv me wind up torch ........not real fused on the radio part ,but it keep the kids busy .

i have upgraded to a soft pack esky with a radio build in it ,like a little pocket radio .

enough to make noise and has battery ,flash hey .

lol

G'day guys,

My brother and I camped on wavebreak over the weekend. We did bugger all fishing, was just a chill out session (fire n food). However, we noticed a water taxi service just dropping people and their gear off (then picking them up at the end of the day). Couldn't quite make out the phone number on the side of the boat and have no idea where they got picked up/dropped off.

I thought I'd mention this for people who do not have a boat or feel weird about asking for a lift. I know the people on this site would have no hesitation in taking you but there are other options. Just google "gold coast water taxi" and it will come up with a few different options.

Cheers

Glenn

I'm looking for a deckie Neal ;)

thanks mate,

as long as i don't have to buy you flowers and take you out to dinner!

i'll check with the boss and let you know. don't want to push my luck asking for a weekend long leave pass tonight!

Archived