Riding the rapids

Dinodadog

Well riding the rapids with our lures that is. LGM and me shot down to the hinterland for some creek bassin, we had sat arvo and sun am. We were casting lures upstream and letting the rapids return them to the still water where the hungry bass were waiting for a feed.

LGM was a bit slow off the mark but soon realised the error of his ways and was back on track in no time. We landed well over 40 bass and missed quite a few as well. LGM pipped me at the post by 1 cm to take out the biggest at 39cm. LGM can add his bit to this and a couple of pics.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

my first bass

post-1453-14459857301_thumb.jpgLGM with his first

post-1453-14459857302_thumb.jpganother

post-1453-14459857304_thumb.jpg

nice bass

post-1453-14459857303_thumb.jpg

post-1750-144598573097_thumb.jpg

post-1750-144598573083_thumb.jpg

post-1750-14459857309_thumb.jpg

Thanks for an awesome trip mate, what a place !!! You certainly have those bass worked out. Subtle changes in presentation can work wonders with these fish.

The topwater sessions were the standout I reckon. Having them slam that little cicada had my heart pumping, and watching the bass trail the lure only to grab it at the last second is something every bass fisho has to experience.

I was totally spoiled all weekend by you and your family. Thanks mate.

post-1750-144598573075_thumb.jpg

Ty it is a nice area, my legs are still hurting though from bush bashing

Norm we had to adopt some trout tactics to get the bass hiding behind rocks in mid stream

Dino

Now you're just being plain mean and teasing me !!!!

Yep, quite a bit of casting to bubble lines to waiting trout, I mean bass, and letting lures wash quietly down stream under good looking snags. It doesn't get much better !

What a cracking looking place to fish and some awesome fish caught too. Congrats on a successful trip out.

I think you might have to review the way you hold fish in the photos though........ its almost textbook perfect.

Come on, we need a bit of controversy in more posts, as it seems to be the way it rolls here at the moment ;-)

Archived