Going to inspect a boat tommorow What to look for?

51MPL

Here is a link to a test of one.
/>http://www.seamedia.com.au/pdf/previews/BTSENG175_prev.pdf

According nto the specs the hull is only rated to 40 hp you would have to have a look at the builders plate as it may have changed.

Here is a link to the stessl website
/>http://www.stessl.com.au/boat-range_edgetracker-heavy-duty.html

The photos show a tohatsu fitted but cant read what size but the factory specs also state max of 40 hp.

If you go and have a look have a really good look at the transom for any sign of cracking.

Here is a link to something different. Its a clark abalone 4.3 . They are a really solid boat with lots of ribs and strong as. Very beamy and stable but wet ride in a heavy chop.

I have one that I use for my dam boat and its exceptionally stable and has heaps of room

The add doesnt tell nyou much about the motor or show internal layout.
/>http://www.kfdu.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15506

Cheers

Ray

That boat looks awsome Ray, damn good luring platform - again, how the hell do u drive the damn thing? hahaha..

I was thinking more along the lines of front casting deck/rear deck, and the middle not raised so much incase i do head out into the river for some livey trips. That way we'll have somewhere to sit (on the false floor haha)

You could also add some pedestal seats in the long run, just something to rest your behind on.

This one could be worth a look at Khoi. http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/boats-for-sale Not sure if this link takes you straight to it, if not the one I'm talking about is the Bermuda 3.95m Discovery. $4 795 - has 15hp Merc, not sure if you want more power, could perhaps arrange to swap motor (or sell motor and buy a bigger one).

Mate of mine (Matt) runs the place and in my opinion they are very trustworthy and offer great service. I get my motor serviced there and never a problem.

Anyway, might be worth a look.

Kelvin.

This one could be worth a look at Khoi. http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/boats-for-sale Not sure if this link takes you straight to it, if not the one I'm talking about is the Bermuda 3.95m Discovery. $4 795 - has 15hp Merc, not sure if you want more power, could perhaps arrange to swap motor (or sell motor and buy a bigger one).

Mate of mine (Matt) runs the place and in my opinion they are very trustworthy and offer great service. I get my motor serviced there and never a problem.

Anyway, might be worth a look.

Kelvin.

Nice looking rig. John Crawford are long estanblished ethical firm. They were one of the original sponsors of the Brisbane River Classic.You would have no problems buying off them.

Cheers

Ray

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump this back up instead of making a new thread. Been mulling things over and changing my mind again and again whether to get a tinny or join the tupperware crew with a hobie.

Could i please get some thoughs on this rig?

Thought I'd bump this back up instead of making a new thread. Been mulling things over and changing my mind again and again whether to get a tinny or join the tupperware crew with a hobie.

Could i please get some thoughs on this rig?

havnt got a hobbie, just a normal yak, but after owning both, id say yak 100%.

just easier + cheaper maintenance wise.

Smart time to be looking to buy a second hand boat.... its winter time, people are not using them, some people are about to get a surprise tax bill from the ATO and have to offload the boat to pay for it.

Yak v's boat - Both have their merits and I guess its what you want to concentrate on which will make you decision easier. How about purchasing a yak, with an occasional Boab boat hire or chater to get your real saltwater fix? It will be the most economical way I reckon.

Damn how'd you know Greggy?

Boat - have to pay rego, insurance, fuel but - the main pro for me would being able to bring people with me. Having someone to talk to; the other things are trivial like taking pics etc

Yak - 100% in my mind the better fishing platform but the only thing is i just like the boat a bit more.

Will turn out to be whether or not i like it 4000 times more i guess

hmmm decisions - but what do you think of that rig Greg?

Get a yak Khoi, I've been mulling over the same sorts of things but at the end of the day there's nothing like being able to grab your boat through it on the roof and go fishing. Tinnies aren't quite so easy and there is a whole new set of things to go with them like rego, somewhere to keep it, safety regs and so on.

i think it depends khoi, for the type of fishing you do you'd probably get away with a yak. however if you are keen on doing bay work and inshore stuff then you'd have to really pick your days on a yak.

let me know in advance when you go for a look and i'll try to arrange some time again.

p.s. pm me your email and i'll forward you pics of that guy's tinny.

A man who is always short on time and fishes spur of the moment at all sorts of weird hours - tinnie hands down.

Outboard motors (apart from mine) will get you to your spot quicker, dryer and generally safer (??) in the middle of the night.

You know me too well Brian :P

i think it depends khoi, for the type of fishing you do you'd probably get away with a yak. however if you are keen on doing bay work and inshore stuff then you'd have to really pick your days on a yak.

let me know in advance when you go for a look and i'll try to arrange some time again.

Cheers dude - email is 'kp__@live.com'

Will definitely have to think long and hard - yak is cheaper and easier + no rego/insurance etc and more stealthy. Mainly want a tinny like i said - to be able to take people; few more options fishing wise and also want to get my dad more into lure fishing.

Cheers dude - email is 'kp__@live.com'

Will definitely have to think long and hard - yak is cheaper and easier + no rego/insurance etc and more stealthy. Mainly want a tinny like i said - to be able to take people; few more options fishing wise and also want to get my dad more into lure fishing.

Why don't you go a happy medium :)

/>http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/rosco_caninghi.php

• 4 weeks later...

Archived