Lost World 2

Angus

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awesome session gents.

It was funny as pulling up to the spot to find a car already infront of us with some bloke standing outside the passenger door shaking his head... haha.. We were having a good laugh.

Went for a swim today to retrive Robs last Tucan topwater. 1 cast too close had it bloody caught in some vines and the surface bite was still on so I had to get it back. Gonna be getting me some of those. They walk pretty easily and obviously catch fish.

And an awesome burger and chips to close out the day. Till the next time guys.

awesome session gents.

It was funny as pulling up to the spot to find a car already infront of us with some bloke standing outside the passenger door shaking his head... haha.. We were having a good laugh.

Went for a swim today to retrive Robs last Tucan topwater. 1 cast too close had it bloody caught in some vines and the surface bite was still on so I had to get it back. Gonna be getting me some of those. They walk pretty easily and obviously catch fish.

Do$tylz Bro sound like you guys had a Magical day... sounds to good to be true lol :)

Ray I got a burger......was a beast of a thing;' old school style' beef, bacon,egg,pineapple,beetroot,cheese,onion,lettuce,carrot,sauce. Haven't had one like it for a while. After a bit of walking, fishing etc was a perfect way to end a morning that will stay in the memory bank for a long time! Oh and not to mention a beverage! Thirsty work that place ;)

Some good fish there.

How difficult is the walking and how far/

Just think how well you would have done if you would had some proper bait.:evil:

How about a AFO day there or would it be too crowded?

Cheers

Ray

It could be a bit crowded Ray but not really. There are several pools spread over a couple of KM's. More to the point I think the terrain could be tough on some people. After each trip I have come back with pretty buggered angles from walking on a 50-60 degree slope all day! At least the walk back balances the walk there hahaha.

Angus

awesome session gents.

did ou get the burger at the cafe?

Cheers

Ray

Works Burgers and chips & gravy mmmmmmmm was the best !!

Yeah that Cafe rocks. Lunch there 2 Saturdays in a row now. You dont walk away feeling hungry!

wow! great day out by the looks! ripper bass gus!

yellas and silvers too! jeez!

did the big bass have a tag in it?..or my eyes playing tricks on me?

It did mate.

I have taken the details and will submit them.

Looking forward to getting the feedback.

Angus

Some good fish there.

How difficult is the walking and how far/

Just think how well you would have done if you would had some proper bait.:evil:

How about a AFO day there or would it be too crowded?

Cheers

Ray

It could be a bit crowded Ray but not really. There are several pools spread over a couple of KM's. More to the point I think the terrain could be tough on some people. After each trip I have come back with pretty buggered angles from walking on a 50-60 degree slope all day! At least the walk back balances the walk there hahaha.

Angus

Sounds like you are a bit out of practice Gus :P! Mind you, since getting the yak, I haven't done too much jungle-bashing either!!! Soon to be remedied......very soon!

Ryan.

Mate not out of practice, love covering the yards.

The stress to the ankles is not walking "up" 50-60 degree slopes, but walking along them.

Put your feet at a very awkward angle over long distances. The actual "jungle bashing" is minimal.

Angus

I hit this place up late yesterday, 3pm-7pm. The bass went hard on surface poppers as the moon cast some nice shadows on the opposite bank.

Amazing place and holds some great fish. My body hurts today though. Ugh!

How did you go mate, you posting up a report ? :)

I hit this place up late yesterday, 3pm-7pm. The bass went hard on surface poppers as the moon cast some nice shadows on the opposite bank.

Amazing place and holds some great fish. My body hurts today though. Ugh!

How did you go mate, you posting up a report ? :)

Went pretty well, Only spangles and bass, no silver or yellas. Got a bit of surface action during light but most of it came as soon as the sun disappeared behind the range. Just before you hit the first hole where the creek kinda forks, one side stagnant waters the other rapids, some really nice snags and overhanging trees here gave some great moon shadows. That was probably the best action of the trip- had at a guess 20 odd hits with about 12 or so hookups, good size too. Had a mate with me who had maybe fished once in his life so it was great to see him get a solid bass :) (But also stack it on the rock face and into the dunk with his phone haha)

216030_10150267166207796_748407795_9418651_7363375_n.jpg

You guys gotta get out there at night, we thought there were a bunch of bass boofing in that first hole on the way back but it was actually.. what I think were bats??? Swooping the water and picking up stuff off the surface. I swear they were bats, pretty awesome sight though.

Because it was my first trip we parked up the top of the hill and went looking for the entrance, little did we know you could park down at the park area along the creek. That hill was a bitch to climb after all that walking :(

Because it was my first trip we parked up the top of the hill and went looking for the entrance, little did we know you could park down at the park area along the creek. That hill was a bitch to climb after all that walking :(

that hill is wicked, i mentioned to manni that that hill would be the last thing i would do after a hike.

that hill is wicked, i mentioned to manni that that hill would be the last thing i would do after a hike.

Oh man that hill totally sucks hard !!! As Rob said we were chattin about it and there's no way i would wanna walk up it after a trek.

FYI access to the bottom is only during the day, so night sessions equals long walks up the hill !!!!!

Oh man that hill totally sucks hard !!! As Rob said we were chattin about it and there's no way i would wanna walk up it after a trek.

FYI access to the bottom is only during the day, so night sessions equals long walks up the hill !!!!!

Probably a good thing I didn't park down there then! :lol:

Planning to take the day off on Friday, wanna try get out there before sunrise.

Archived