[RESOLVED] Forum slow to load

Luc53

I've noticed in the last few days that the AFO site is quite slow on the initial load!!

Moving around the various categories and submitting replies is also slow.

Just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this?

Luc

PS I've made no changes to my computer setup

Yes it is to do with an upgrade we undertook. It is not actually to do with the forum, but the increased load maybe affecting the server which may be what is contributing to a possible slower load time of the forum.

We are looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else having dramas getting the site to load up ? It takes about a minute after clicking on my browser tab. Its only been in the last 2 days. I use firefox

Yeah ive been having same probs last few days. I also use firefox.

Anyone else having dramas getting the site to load up ? It takes about a minute after clicking on my browser tab. Its only been in the last 2 days. I use firefox

Its been longer then 2 days i have been having the same problem :)

Why should the browser make any difference. Its been perfect using firefox for as long as I can remember, but all of a sudden ( for me ) the site is playing up - like its having trouble transferring data or something :blink:

Edit - just took 2.25 to load this post

Posting a reply sometimes takes a while. But overall the site is way faster than ever for me. After all my whinging earlier this year I'd like it be known that I'm very happy with the site since the last upgrade. B)B)B)B)B)B)

Wish I had more time to fish and report!!!!!! :P

Yeah the site has been slow lately, i find when replying to a topic or even thank you it takes over 60 seconds on average, bit frustrating really!

I have noticed though after i post a reply or press thankyou after about 10 seconds i navigate away from the page and it still registers the post

Guys sorry for any inconveniance.

We are aware of the present small lag times and are working on it. We are always trying to improve the speed of the site as constant upgrades are required due to the sites constant growth. The improvements do cost us money and in the interest of keeping the site a free service it just takes time sometimes to raise the capital through shirts sales, event registrations etc to undertake these improvements.

Stay patient and we will stay active in our endevours to keep the site up and running.

Angus

thanks gus

we all appreciate the time and effort you guys put in.

just so you know, i never seem to have any lag problems on this end

... except just then when i tried to post! it took 3 minutes before i hit the reload button

Posts merged with existing thread on same topic.

We have just implemented some patches now which should address this issue...

Thanks ;)

Browser doesn't make a difference, I use four different browsers and four different devices and it's hit and miss on all of them sometimes very slow, sometimes instantaneous.

Same prob here, and loading multi pics

is this a comment from the recent code changes from 20 minutes ago?

Archived