Origin Game 2 2011

51MPL

It was a good game. It was good to see NSW finally with some fire in their belly and some intensity. Qld was flat and bunch all night. NSW was deep and running onto the ball. I could not tell if NSW was onside but they were really in QLD's face all night. well done. Isn't Hopoate a breath of fresh air after his Dad's legacy. :P

Please do not take this as whingeing as I think the better team won on the night - just want to understand the ruling.

1. on the final tackle there was often a third man standing next to the play the ball on the side that their kicker was on to block the markers from pressuring the kicker. Surely that is not allowed or is it far enough from the receiver that it does not count as a obstruction?

2. surely they will start to penalize the person playing the ball from holding the marker.

personally I think the Refs did not get involved in the game enough. On both sides there where people coming in late flopping on the player. Dave Taylor for one on the QLD side.

Anyway Gratz to NSW for playing a great game of footy. Hopefully there is some more room for the QLD team in game 3 and they do not bunch up and stand so flat.

They have allowed the "rule latitude" go too far this season. It is not making the games better imo.

A little latitude is good but I have found myself getting frustrated with it this season's series.

Still shaking my head about the tackle on Inglis where he was held up in the air etc

Qld's defensive line was poor from the word go....not moving up, not straight, yada yada yada.

Haven't seen that since Bennetts coaching days.

Archived