Free lure giveaway

Orca

Hi Everybody

We have been sorting through our warehouse getting ready for stocktake and have piled together about 120 hard bodied lures of various types and colours but the majority are designed for Bream, Bass, Barra, Cod and Flathead. The lures are all brand new and most are still in original packaging BUT you may have to re-glue the bibs on some of them, which is why we are giving them away to AFO members absolutely free - limit of 5 lures per person until they are all gone.

All you have to do is come down between 3pm and 6pm on Thursdaay this week to pick them up!

Our address is Unit 28, 17 Cairns Street Loganholme. Take exit 30 off the M1.

No reservations will be accepted - you must come down in person to collect.

Cheers

Mike Cole (Orca)

brand new lures need to be re-glued? wonder how the ones sold for a few bucks in ur shop would go against a jewie.

Quite simple - all lures that we have made since 2010 are 2 piece injection moulded so the bibs are not glued in separately - they are part of the body. These older style lures that we are giving away have the bib glued in after the body has been made. All manufacturers suffer from the same problem - about 5% of lures made this way have bibs which have not had enough glue. They are still excelelnt lures and have caught many many fish. But manufacturing techniques have moved on.

One of the lures we are giving away was rated Australias number 1 small lure by Fishing World magazine a few years ago - and yes we do have the article to prove it.

any young guys on here or guys that dont have transport that would like to take up the offer,i can pick you up from the train station at logan-lea on thursday and take you down there and drop you back off i can take 4 guys,good on aust tackel for the free lures cheers.brad

Very nice gesture Brad thankyou.

Today we found some baitcaster rods around at the bulk store. They are 7 foot long..some are IM6 Graphite and some are IM8 Graphite. All have cork handles. Weight ranges are 2-5kg, 6-10kg and 10-15kg.

The IM6 rods we will let go for just $20 each and the IM8 rods for $25 each. These are well below manufacturing cost but we just need to get rid of them and create some space. ( we had forgotten about them ) There are about 20 of the IM6 and about 15 of the IM8.

Maybe by Thursday afternoon we will have found some other things we want to get rid of. I will keep you all posted.

We will definately open next week on Tuesday and Thursday from 3-6pm but its doubtful if any of the free lures will be left by that time..but you just never know.

Cheers

Mike Cole

Orca

Whats the name of the number 1 lure?

don't think orca wanna answer this question here i'm afraid.

If you follow the posts its already been answered and the fishing world article is enclosed.

hey are brad smith lures apparently

www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.a...ats=0,0&format=0

Wont be polite this time.

The original L'il Mate was a good lure.

The later ones are chinese crap, the bibs fall out and an average Bream cracks them like a peanut.

Smithy still uses the so called "crap" lil Mate on his charter boat every day and has done for the past 4 years. If they are as bad as you are trying to suggest then i think he might have mentioned it to us.

You are entitled to your opinion - thousands of other people would disagree with you very strongly. We have had zero reported problems with the Lil Mate. The bib problem i referred to was on the Digga lures and Ocker lures which had abouut a 5% failure rate.

One more thing - we are giving these lures away for FREE so i really dont know what your problem is. Sounds to me you have a particular axe to grind for some reason. I dont expect to see you at the warehouse for your freebies which is fine by me.

As i have also previously mentioned since the start of 2010 we have been making all of our lures using moulded bibs so this problem cannot exist with any of our lures built since that date.

sorry mate a bit buggard are they one or two piece iam not too keen on the one piece

They are all 1 piece sorry..but at 20-25 dollars i think you could learn to get used to it. The rods were retailing for around $149 each up until last xmas.

Given your rude questioning of his FREE lures I'm not surprised you're not high on his priority list and like he said it had already been answered.

Out of interest, why does it say 'Banned' under your user name and if you are 'Banned' why are you still able to post comments?

Good on you Mike for contiuing to look after AFO members in spite of a few rude/unappreciative ones. May make it down next week to grab an overhead rod as I'm 'looking after' my brother's while he's living in London (along with a fair bit of his other fishing gear) but unfortunately he's coming back soon ......

Given your rude questioning of his FREE lures I'm not surprised you're not high on his priority list and like he said it had already been answered.

Out of interest, why does it say 'Banned' under your user name and if you are 'Banned' why are you still able to post comments?

Good on you Mike for contiuing to look after AFO members in spite of a few rude/unappreciative ones. May make it down next week to grab an overhead rod as I'm 'looking after' my brother's while he's living in London (along with a fair bit of his other fishing gear) but unfortunately he's coming back soon ......

I think he is only recently banned for the poop stirring he has been doing...

Archived