this is ...... up, how can some one do this

madmullet

digusting

this reminds me i went for a fish early this mornin in the canals near the council chambers an seen a shark finnin in an out of the glassed out water for about 10 min ! this is the first one i have ever seen an it was big model so i followed him for a while it was very interestin an a bit scary at the same time I estimate his fin was about 200-250mm to his body cool to see tho

REMINDER: http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/38-general-chat/249216-language

I remember the Fijians doing this after that teenage girl off a yacht got gobbled by a toothy a few years back. They were using a live dog on a set line though. Different levels of what is acceptable practice varies around the world.

I don't think anyone would get away with it in Australia. I don't think they should hunt down sharks that have eaten someone either (unless they were wearing expensive jewellery).

I'd have no problems feeding other mammals like mice or rats or rabbits/hares to other pets though. Some might be a bit soft for that though as well. There are the occasional days when that yapping little "dog" across the road risks similar treatment :woohoo: :whistle:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/sharkbait.asp

Sheds a bit more light on it. Perhaps not as prevelant or as sadistic as that video might imply (not that I've watched it, at work right now)

oops just read someone else already posted the link :) Snopes is awesome at lifting the fog on some of these viral stories.

The image certainly looks like the hooks have been placed, seems to be too much symmetry to be an accident, but then I'd hate to think how you would get a live dog to co-operate in placing those hooks while avoiding the teeth. Just seems crazy that someone would go to the trouble of using a live dog when a dead animal would more than likely be just as effective if not more so. Either way it's a disgusting and evil practise if true.

What I love is the fact that all the big bad fishoes are willing to let a fish get a hook in the gob when catching fish but dont like the poor little doggy getting the same treatment.

I smell hyprocrisy.

See your point, but happily let you hook my pet fish (big black sooty) but hooking my dog? ......NOT gonna happen.

Yeah somehow I think this is a fake ;) The dog in the picture looks way too calm for a dog that has a hook through it's nose, not to mention the fact it would not stay connected to said hook while being dragged through the water. There is also no swelling or redness around the hook entry point. I think everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

Yeah somehow I think this is a fake ;) The dog in the picture looks way too calm for a dog that has a hook through it's nose, not to mention the fact it would not stay connected to said hook while being dragged through the water. There is also no swelling or redness around the hook entry point. I think everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

I hope so, certainly has dug up some emotions this one

Archived