Harry A 7/7/2007

Oceandonkey

Set out at around 10 and didnt have a trouble finding it as we could see about 10 boats in the distance so potential problem number 1 was removed. Ended up anchoring on the southerly side of all the boats and didnt get anything (along with everyone else) except for a whiting and a baby baby flathead.

Bored so we ventured all the way through the ROUS channel with the bar well in sight and tralled (is that the spelling???) for about 20 minutes with nothing so back to the reef and thats where the fun began.

Lozzel i think i saw you buddy were you and Brian still there around 2-3 cos i spotted a red beanie and remembered your bass photo and wondered if it was you. I was with my gf and a mate.

Within 1 minute of anchoring we had 2 keepers a whiting and a squire. Well all afternoon till about 5 we pulled up 34 fish in total 7 nice squire and 2 whiting. Its funny because some of the keepers felt like babies and some of the babies felt like keepers but those squire fight like hell.

Baits used were fresh prawns and fresh squid i was fishing with a 10lb berkley vanish leader and my mate had 20lb and he wasnt getting any less fish than me. Though the whiting was on fire and getting smashed, i couldnt keep my rig down there for 10 seconds without getting a fish and most of the legals were caught on the whiting strips : )

Didnt want to stop to take photos cos we were being hammered all arvo but i have 2 of the catch.

ended up being a banquet with my family and gf's family coming around and my mates brother and his girlfriend.

there was another boat of 3 guys that were getting fish after fish as well. I wanted to move just to test the theory if it was the location or the bait that was getting them but decided not to as an afternoon like that might not come along very often.

the 2 whiting that we ended up keeping wer left overs as i got about 3-4 fish on the same piece most times and they were dead when we finished fishing so they came up awesome in the pan.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/07072007169_AFO.jpg

post-1346-144598420441_thumb.jpg

So were you and lozzel out there at around 2 or so Brian?

Oh also for all you cheap people out there like me your car gps even with the co-ords punched in will not guide you to them. We were heading to harries and it said go straight ahead (which was correct) to test this i turned the boat around and mototored for a minute and it still said go forward....

so note to self, buy marine gps

Oceandonkey wrote:

So were you and lozzel out there at around 2 or so Brian?

so note to self, buy marine gps

Heading home on the road mate, if not at the ramp, I think. I'm much good at remebering stuff like that. I think I got home at about 2.30pm. Lozz help!

Archived