Bream Social Wrap Up 29-04-12

crazywalrus

What a great day we had today. The weather gods where really kind with no rain, slight wind and we even got a little sun burnt. What a great roll out with 32 fishing participants and another 10 people turning up for a chin wag over lunch. Thanks everybody for turning up. The fishing was difficult for most but a few boats and individuals caught some good quality fish. Only one fisho getting a full bag of bream.

Results

Place Fisho No. length

1st Dan25 5 131cm

2nd Pancake_and_haggis 4 103cm

3rd Tugger 4 99cm

Very interesting result. It looked like bait was going to rule the results until Dan showed up with his catch. Well done Dan for showing all of the other Lure fisho's the way to go.

Brad (brmil68) also won the one off Damiki lucky door prize. Thanks Rob for supplying this.

I big thank you to all the other people that made their way up to Scarborough for the lunch. Was great to meet a lot of new faces and also chin wag with some old ones.

As to my boat's effort with Jarrad it was a really tough day fishing. I got blown way on North reef but that was the end of the excitement until the last 30mins. We got that desperate to catch a fish Jarrad and Manni went land based to drop a lure down in front of a drain outlet. It worked out for Jarrad narrowly missing a donut. Thanks for being the decky today.

From Manni, Khoi and myself thanks everybody for making this a great social.

So Photos

post-7418-14459878893_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598788943_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598788953_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598788963_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting up a report mate, the weather was very kind today and was an awesome turn out today with many new faces.

Khoi managed to land a 63 cm Flathead, when we boated it the fish spat out about 8 bait fish one being quite large!!!

Th pic doesn't do it justice but was a very fat fish !!!

post-8859-144598788973_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598788982_thumb.jpg

Good to see all the people there today despite the forecast unfortunately for me Angus gave me my new afo shirt minus the mojo resulting in only three bream for me for the day still not a bad effort though. Next event is the tuna social and I should have the event details up in the next couple of days so keep an eye out for it.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks to all who organised the event, It was an enjoyable day, with the whether turning out to be pretty awesome. B) The fishing was tough, and I was lucky to get the 5. Myself and a few other yakkers fished North reef for around 3 hours atleast, mainly throwing atomics and other cranks over the shallow rubbly reef. Justin (sunnydays), got his first legal bream very early, only a few casts in, fishing parallel to a submerged reef on a sx40, think it went 24.5fl. Soon after, I managed a 31fl on the atomic crank over a very shallow reef, awesome fun. B) After that It shut down completely, well for me anyway :whistle: .

P1000763.jpg

P1000766.jpg

We then decided to head back, and fish the canals, however we never made it that far, and decided to hit the harbour near the ramp for the last hour. I changed over to a bream prawn on a 1/40th hidden weight, which proved to be a wise decision. After about 10 minutes I had caught another 2 legals, 24.5fl, and 27fl, both smashing the plastic on the drop. I then began fishing an old boat with stacks of barnicles all over it. Skipped the plastic in between the boat and the jetty, and the plastic got smashed, zzzzzz pop. :blink: Swapped rods, skipped another plastic back in the same spot and hooked up again. Fish went straight under the jetty, so put the rod in the water and just wound like crazy, and with a bit of luck he came out, went 23fl. Time was about 11.45, so I hit the very back of the harbour, were the moorings were empty. Went right to the back corner, were the water was stagnet, and a lot of debri was floating on the surface. Skipped it in rightup against the mooring and the line ticked, once, twice, then straighted right up and hooked up again. Better fish, and a few good runs back to the moorings, I boated a 29Fl bream. Was pretty happy to get the 5, so headed back in.

P1000767.jpg

P1000773.jpg

P1000784.jpg

Was great to meet some new guys, and look forward to the next social. B)

Cheers

Dan

Good on ya fellas and well done to the organizers. This was one I would have loved to attend but I had boat problems on Friday which had it off the water this weekend.

I reckon you were lucky with the false forecast. It would've kept the weekend warrior fishos away giving you the reefs to yourselves cause it gets busy out there.

First of all thanks to the organisers Ted Manni and Khoi it worked well and a good turn out dispite the ugly forecast congratulations to Dan and Callum for the first and second places. Callum needs to learn the first rule of fishing though and thats not to outfish the skipper.

The $25 black queen did the job again today Lance with 6lb mono to i might add on my $30 reel, we only moved twice and only moved 30m all up

Sorry i couldn't catch up with everyone again at the club afterwoods but i needed a few hours sleep for work tonight.

First of all thanks to the organisers Ted Manni and Khoi it worked well and a good turn out dispite the ugly forecast congratulations to Dan and Callum for the first and second places. Callum needs to learn the first rule of fishing though and thats not to outfish the skipper.

The black queen did the job again today Lance with 6lb mono to i might add on my $30 reel, we only moved twice and only moved 30m all up

Sorry i couldn't catch up with everyone again at the club afterwoods but i needed a few hours sleep for work tonight.

Good on ya Mark,,,thats gold. :P:P:P:P:P

+ 1 for having an awesome day! Thanks go to manni and ted for organizing the day and a great call by ted to meet up at the boat club afterwards! Bernie and myself shared a seafood platter and couldn't have a better end to the day than a feed and a few beers.

Anybody who hasn't gone to a BfO event, do yourself a favour and do it! I didn't know a single person there but you couldn't find a better bunch of guys to spend a day with :)

We didn't do really well as far as fishing went, I started off with a 20cm rock cod and a 32cm flounder then we moved to a little outcrop at north reef and Bernie pulled in our only bream at 25.5cm fl so at least we got our target species.

Then we moved to the canal mouth and I pulled in a healthy flathead on a 3" damiki armour shad on my new ci4 combo on 6lb :woohoo:

so that made the day worthwhile for me and the flattie accompanied us home for dinner :)

post-5844-144598789241_thumb.jpg

Manni commented on how fat his flattie was when we got back to the ramp and asked to see mine ( i forgot to get it from the esky but here's a pic ) looks like redcliffe flatties are well fed at the moment.

Once again, nice to meet you all and thanks for the great day.

Cheers, steve.

LOL Just remembering the comment of the day from Jarryd, yelled over the pond to Ted towards the end of the day.

Ted, if you just stopped pulling, I could have got you off!
;):lol:

Yeah that was awesome. :D

Just to clarify for those not there, Ted had just snagged up near where Jarryd was standing.

LOL Just remembering the comment of the day from Jarryd, yelled over the pond to Ted towards the end of the day.

Yeah that was awesome. :D

Just to clarify for those not there, Ted had just snagged up near where Jarryd was standing.

Or Ted had his Snag out where Jarryd was standing

Great day great organiation Great people great turnout great weather

Nice to catch up with a few people from the side and put some names to faces

Wasn't a bad steak either afterwards yummy

I would put my success down to luck after all. 30lb braid on a Stradic 6000 is hardly bream gear !!

Cheers all Callum

nothing a couple of meters of 3lbs leader wont fix ;)

I was really looking forward to hitting this up. Rods and tackle in the boat ready to go.

But as the weather deteriorated over Friday / Saturday I pulled the pin on the event and went to a mates going away party down the coast. Was gonna see if any GCers going up could pick me up on the way through, but couldn't get on AFO.

And I've just applied for some money to buy my own boat, so if I get it I will definately be seeing you guys at the Longtail social.

I had a good night out any ways, so all was not lost.

Turned out to be a fair bit better weather than predicted so took the option to launch at Queens beach. Got one Bream on a shallow Chubby at the first patch of rocks I passed. Paddled out to another bit of rocky reef and fished a deep Chubby, got some Snapper and a couple of Grassy's which disracted me from Bream :blush: lost a Chubby to something that could not be stopped on 3lb and found a hole :( Fished a heap of shallow rocky spots on the way back for only two legals and a few little Bream. Thanks to Ted, Manni and everyone who organised things.

post-6374-14459878944_thumb.jpg

post-6374-144598789452_thumb.jpg

post-6374-144598789462_thumb.jpg

post-6374-144598789471_thumb.jpg

Hahaha I forgot about that and he said it with such enthusiasm !!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived