The bay day {pics added}

Malcolm

I'll try not bore you but went out today from Cleveland with Mopar Kev. Conditions were about as good as they get apart from everyone else thought so too.

Went over near Amity to a crack at parrot on the tide change but no go. Kev got a ray and almost i lost all my line to a suspected ray.

Then went to Peal for some under size Squire and I caught some Bone-fish looking thing ,Kev will add photo later.

Then to pelican banks for nothing and back to The wrecks at Peal unersize Moses Perch.

Bloody good day despite the fish.

Having some nice cold drinks now :)

ps we did see a couple of bait bust ups but they were gone too quick for us.

i too was out on the bay with everyone else left vic point at 7.00am and anchored at the red buoy at coochi and landed a 28cm bream, then ventured over to peel for under size squire then to the pelican banks for more under size grassies, then back over to potts point and land a small barracuda thne headed back to vic point for home. all up caught 8 undersize fish and 1 28cm bream let it live for another fight. what a nice day it's been.

I couldnt find the snapper but i heard of a few bagging out.

I stayed at peel last night and was a bit blowy but there were fish happening got one good but surprising one that i will report on later. Id be back out there tonight if i had a choice.

If was a splendid day out despite the fish. Same bait/hook/sinker, Malc smacked 'em up, I defintely did not! Beautiful bay conditions, pretty sloppy near the bar, as reported. Malc used a "Mick Fillet Top Tip" involving a bucket and a toilet seat...... :sick: Fish shut down after that..... ;)

Anyway. Here's the mystery Whiting looking thing;

post-4325-144598791873_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Malcolm for the trip out, the boat is an ideal bay boat for 2, loving the 4 stroke (no 2 stroke fume headache for me!) but would benefit from an indoor Dunny....... ;)

If was a splendid day out despite the fish. Same bait/hook/sinker, Malc smacked 'em up, I defintely did not! Beautiful bay conditions, pretty sloppy near the bar, as reported. Malc used a "Mick Fillet Top Tip" involving a bucket and a toilet seat...... :sick: Fish shut down after that..... ;)

Anyway. Here's the mystery Whiting looking thing;

[attachment=49988]fish.jpg[/attachment]

Big thanks to Malcolm for the trip out, the boat is an ideal bay boat for 2, loving the 4 stroke (no 2 stroke fume headache for me!) but would benefit from an indoor Dunny....... ;)

:woohoo: deffinately a bone fish, knew they had to be out in the bay somewhere

malcom, people pay thousands of dollars to fly to isolated places all over the pacific to chase these things with guides, mostly on fly

they are one of the holy grail type fish, rare, hard to find,even harder to hook, and you caught one on on bait in brisbane :whistle:

Archived