Favourite fish

Tim a

Yeap i would agree Tim.

Flathead are my favourite species hands down.

I have caught most in the past on Yabbies (Saltwater obviously)

However after catching my first 2 on SP i can see myself becoming a big fan.

I also intend to nail one on Hardbody now :)

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/08/07 11:41

hmmmmmm..i would have to say chasing yellowbelly in the forest in a secret location up the coast with hardbodies...you can getthem to follow the lure up to 10 times b4 they take it...frustrating but awesome to see this big lump of a fish swim right up to ya feet.....and no sorry guys i dont have any pics of the fish there cus i wasnt allowed to take my camera......il ask him angus i promiseB)

When I was a youngster, my favourite fish were flathead, taken from the surf. Used to spend heaps of time working the gutters chasing them

These days I like bass, dont mind tailor either, but the knees are to dodgy for much surf fishing, so have to make do for the odd boat trip chasing them!

i would have to say trevally... gts over all trevs... mainly because of ther fighting potential and the look of them is awesome! even though i havent caught to many of them they are still my favourtie... i esspecially like the one i got from brekky creek :P

i have caught quite a few silver trevs down south of batemans bay on the rocks on all types of bait... aswell as a tea leaf trev on the tweed in the abt and a few big eyes all around the place...

troy

Gezz Flicka - that's a good call - I just get stoked with that feeling -

\"after your feed heaps of slack lne with a 4/0 hook and whole squid into the burley trail, the slack line just sitting on the surface. Then the slack line starts running and wham! the snapper knows he's hooked.\" What a rush.

But one day I was jigging 2 ball size double tail green plastics in the Tweed, along from Jack Evans. the water was crystal clear, and this huge GT followed my jig up from the bottom. He was focused on the tail and I focused on him. He looked at me just as he hit the jig. Crap that was a good site. A frigging big bucket mouth going gulp on my plastic. I was useing a 2000 series shamino on a 6'6\" ugly stick 10lb mono and 20lb leader. It took more then 10 mins to get him in after I had ran up and down the break wall keeping him of the snags.

Which one is better? How do you choose, so I'll sit on the fence and say the best fish I have ever caught will be the next fish I catch. A bit like the saying tomorrow never comes!

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/08/08 15:07

• 1 month later...

although i have only caught one............ my flathead from oxley creek on a hardbody was such a good rush .........just as the hardbody was on it ascent back up to the pontton...about 2 feet from it i see a big flattie come up and pounce on my hardbody then pounding back down to the bottom.......great times ........if only it didnt snap the line at the pontoon.....lol gerty/robbie

I have no favorite I just enjoy the challenge of trying new techniques ( still a bit hard for a bait fisherman of over 60 years standing)

I just enjoy being out on or near the water and if i am not out there i am working on my boat or gear or planning my next trip

Its absolutbloodyfantastic being retired.

What also gives me great joy is seeing all you young blokes giving it a go and finding good fish in places that i thought were fished or poisoned out years ago.

Keep it up fellas when i am too old to fish i will still get my jollies from reading the forum.

Ray.

My favourite fish i like to catch would have to be the travalley because i remember when i was noosa it was about 5am and i decided to live bait with a herring. The travalley just ate the herring whole and with my drag set low it was the best sound in the morning when it took the herring.

Archived