Punters Club Official Tailor Social Thread

EZY

B.F.O HUNTERS CLUB

TAILOR SOCIAL 2012

WHERE: Tweed to Wooyung Northern NSW

WHEN: August 25 to 26 2012

TIME : Comp will run from 12pm sat to 12pm sun

REGISTRATION: From 12pm sat to 2pm sat (PARK: PHILP ST POTTSVILLE OPPOSITE CARAVAN PARK)

ENTRY FEE: $10 PP

WEIGH IN: 10am to 12pm sun (PARK: PHILP ST POTTSVILLE)

PRESENTATION: 12pm to 1pm sun

PRIZES : As usual 30% 1ST, 20% 2ND, 10% 3RD

Heaviest Tailor: Trophy and bragging rights.

Heaviest jew : Fish Sunnies (Donated by Woodcraft Cabinets and Kitchens)

N.B. All participants will require a nsw rec fishing lic can be bought at all tackle shops and servos.

Hi everybody, myself and jeff f will be organizing and hosting the tailor social for 2012, if your into beach fishing or just starting and would like to attend and meet some of the members of the club, possibly learn a few new tactics on beach fishing or just lay in the sun on a peaceful stretch of beach then this is the social for you. Everybody is welcome, however we are trying to keep this as a beach fishing comp, just to try and give everybody a change of pace from boats and kayaks for a change. I will be at the park on PHILP ST Pottsville from 12pm to 2pm sat for registration, then fishing beaches myself through the night. The comp time frame was chosen for the reason of allowing the attendees the chance to fish the dusk and dawn as this is generally when the tailor go on the bite and allows everybody to fish for bigger specimens through the night ( jew, sharks ect ). Unfortunately there is no beach access for 4wd, no permits avail, so will have to park and walk in, most access points are only about 100m max.

“I hope as many of you as possible can attend as I personally would like to meet all you guys and girls as this year has been very busy and full of distractions and I haven’t had much of a chance to meet you all.†(ezy)

After social will be heading to the Pottsville sports club or cabarita hotel for lunch and beers, chat ect.

Hope to see you there EZY and JEFF F.

post-2144-144598818703_thumb.jpg

Heaviest Jew Prize

p.s. hope to have photo of trophy during week when I get it (wend hopefully) also may have a couple of lucky door prizes as well before end of week. Will post photos when I get them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B.F.O HUNTERS CLUB

TAILOR SOCIAL 2012

WHERE: Tweed to Wooyung Northern NSW

WHEN: August 25 to 26 2012

TIME : Comp will run from 12pm sat to 12pm sun

REGISTRATION: From 12pm sat to 2pm sat (PARK: PHILP ST POTTSVILLE OPPOSITE CARAVAN PARK)

ENTRY FEE: $10 PP

WEIGH IN: 10am to 12pm sun (PARK: PHILP ST POTTSVILLE)

PRESENTATION: 12pm to 1pm sun

PRIZES : As usual 30% 1ST, 20% 2ND, 10% 3RD

Heaviest Tailor: Trophy and bragging rights.

Heaviest jew : Fish Sunnies (Donated by Woodcraft Cabinets and Kitchens)

N.B. All participants will require a nsw rec fishing lic can be bought at all tackle shops and servos.

Hi everybody, myself and jeff f will be organizing and hosting the tailor social for 2012, if your into beach fishing or just starting and would like to attend and meet some of the members of the club, possibly learn a few new tactics on beach fishing or just lay in the sun on a peaceful stretch of beach then this is the social for you. Everybody is welcome, however we are trying to keep this as a beach fishing comp, just to try and give everybody a change of pace from boats and kayaks for a change. I will be at the park on PHILP ST Pottsville from 12pm to 2pm sat for registration, then fishing beaches myself through the night. The comp time frame was chosen for the reason of allowing the attendees the chance to fish the dusk and dawn as this is generally when the tailor go on the bite and allows everybody to fish for bigger specimens through the night ( jew, sharks ect ). Unfortunately there is no beach access for 4wd, no permits avail, so will have to park and walk in, most access points are only about 100m max.

“I hope as many of you as possible can attend as I personally would like to meet all you guys and girls as this year has been very busy and full of distractions and I haven’t had much of a chance to meet you all.†(ezy)

After social will be heading to the Pottsville sports club or cabarita hotel for lunch and beers, chat ect.

Hope to see you there EZY and JEFF F.

[attachment=52388]P1040708.JPG[/attachment]

Heaviest Jew Prize

p.s. hope to have photo of trophy during week when I get it (wend hopefully) also may have a couple of lucky door prizes as well before end of week. Will post photos when I get them.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in for this one, not really setup for beach fishing but will give it a fair crack.

Cheers

Mark

hey mate i've got three surf outfits and i'm sure the others will have plenty of gear too, we wont be short. cool catch you then, ezy

I'm in for this one along with my brother and hopefully a few mates. Any thoughts on where people are going to fish? Would be good to fish the same spot together and have a few beers.

Brian - can I take you up on the offer of a surf setup for my brother mate? He's just got back from living in England so not ready to buy one straight up.

Any thoughts on where you're going to spend the night?

beside fourbie swag style i probably only get a couple of hours anyway see what happens. around black rock there is a little area where you park of the road there or somewhere similar good thing is not we're "actually camping" keep it simple and don"t draw attention well be fine. from experience not many people about at night this time of year so if packed up around sun up, then all we have to say is "we've been fishing all night". joys of a swag or bring a folding recliner camp chair (doubles as a good bed). ezy

Don't worry you pair of Brian lovers, I'll leave you right alone!!!!! So you are coming too Bri? Good stuff.

Brian I'll chat to you closer to the time but I've got a 7500 size reel loaded with 40lb braid that I might borrow a rod for so that I can have a second line out for a jewie.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived