Asylum seeker boats..... Support or send back?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come" said John Howard.

I agree.

The people leaving Indonesia understand the risk they are taking. Apart from the laws of the sea I would prefer we not respond at all.

There are too many people on the planet already. I say let Modern Natural Selection run it's course.

This is Eddies post that I was replying to before he removed them all

So let me get this right, when someone and all their family is about to be killed due to your religion, political beliefs etc, the enemy is entering your village with guns blazing you just say "mate, hang on a second, I need my paperwork so I can seek asylum somewhere" what a load of cr@p. You guys need to look up the term APATHY. Sure there may be a few no genuine ones, but to paint all with the same brush is unethical. As I said, watch that doco I posted, you may learn something other than what phoney Tony has told you.

Well obviously they have told the baddies to hold on long enough to fill the boat will fuel and food for the trip.

Or are these 'getaways boats' just laying idle at the wharf in case of an attack?

haines490slc wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:
If they were genuine asylum seekers they would be fronting up with all the paperwork they can to prove their story.

Turning up with nothing apart from the clothes you are wearing is bound to raise suspicion.

So let me get this right, when someone and all their family is about to be killed due to your religion, political beliefs etc, the enemy is entering your village with guns blazing you just say "mate, hang on a second, I need my paperwork so I can seek asylum somewhere" what a load of cr@p. You guys need to look up the term APATHY. Sure there may be a few no genuine ones, but to paint all with the same brush is unethical. As I said, watch that doco I posted, you may learn something other than what phoney Tony has told you.

Eddie, I think you have let your imagination run a bit wild with that post.

These people have travelled through quite a few countries to get to Indonesia in the first place ;)

Do you mean "Apathy" or "Empathy" ?

Split them up into 3 groups and send them to bootys, ellicats and shorties places.

Ellicat can tell them all about natural selection and what he believes their fate should have been.

Booty can give them all a crash course on our laws, paying particular attention to traffic 'infringements'

Shortie can give em all a good feed after their long journey.

Send em straight back they obviously have enough money to pay th 10000- 20000 grand to get here. more worried about the flood of bloody kiwis my self.... supose some needs to move the gyprock

Cheers

who ever would we find to errect scaffolding if we stopped the kiwis from coming :P

Split them up into 3 groups and send them to bootys, ellicats and shorties places.

Ellicat can tell them all about natural selection and what he believes their fate should have been.

Booty can give them all a crash course on our laws, paying particular attention to traffic 'infringements'

Shortie can give em all a good feed after their long journey.

Nah, Just send them to the homes of all the bleeding hearts.....there would suddenly be a lot more people with my attitude I'm sure. :P

Once they are in Australia's waters they need to be processed as asylum seekers. There is no other legal alternative.

When they are intercepted in Indonesian waters, they are Indonesia's concern. Australian military and border control vessels should not be bringing them from close to Indonesian shores all the way to Christmas Island.

I sense a feeling of frustration has come over you this last week with all these threads, the weather will pick up and we'll all be able to go fishing again, :blink: been there done that and got a drawer full of T shirts to show for it, Buy an expensive bottle of red or Champagne suck it up :silly: :side: :P The elections arn't that far off :S

This is not my opinion but got it as an email today.

OK, LET'S SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT..

IF YOU ENTER AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALND ILLEGALLY YOU GET A JOB,A DRIVERS

LICENSE,SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,WELFARE,FOOD VOUCHERS,CREDIT CARDS,

SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,FREE EDUCATION,FREE HEALTH CARE,

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!

Remember this is not my opinion but just an email i recieved today but it does make you think.

This is not my opinion but got it as an email today.

OK, LET'S SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT..

IF YOU ENTER AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALND ILLEGALLY YOU GET A JOB,A DRIVERS

LICENSE,SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,WELFARE,FOOD VOUCHERS,CREDIT CARDS,

SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,FREE EDUCATION,FREE HEALTH CARE,

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!

Remember this is not my opinion but just an email i recieved today but it does make you think.

And all of those countries sound like such lovely places to live......

May as well appoint a constable to be the dictator of Australia, give it a few years, then see what Australia's punishment becomes.

I guess the good point to the countries listed in that email is that they are not as harsh on people trying to get in as they are on people trying to get out.

Compared to other civilized country's in the EU our treatment of refugees is quite harsh.

There they are not treated like criminals and locked up.

Cheers

Ray

You are correct Ray, but only because these countries understand that these illegal immigrants are ultimately destined for Great Britain. Wait until GB fills up, and then see France, Spain, Belgium and the like close borders and enforce greater restrictions. Funnily enough, GB has much the same process as us currently.

Compared to other civilized country's in the EU our treatment of refugees is quite harsh.

There they are not treated like criminals and locked up.

Cheers

Ray

You are correct Ray, but only because these countries understand that these illegal immigrants are ultimately destined for Great Britain. Wait until GB fills up, and then see France, Spain, Belgium and the like close borders and enforce greater restrictions. Funnily enough, GB has much the same process as us currently.

" Wait until GB fills up. " hummmmm

This thread really does make me wonder how many of us giving our strong opinions have ever actually been and spent time to see what it may be like to live anywhere but Aus.

A bit off topic but we live in a multicultural modern country and I hope it stays that way.

Yes Gary, thats for sure..... It's a very difficult situation they find themselves in and i would definately be looking at greener pastures too if it were me.

What are you thoughts on it when you had such a hard time to stay here?

To be honest Stu, I am sympathetic to their plight, but only because I found out how difficult it is to immigrate to Australia legally. Many of the members here have met my wife and me and can understand that we have a lot to offer to Australia, but it was still down to the wire on being able to stay once I severed ties with the company.

If somebody would have come to me and whispered "For $10,000 I can make sure you and your family live in Australia forever." I would have considered it (if they were willing to put it in writing - because I am educated). I would have had to sell my boat or my motorcycle; the asylum seekers may have to sell their daughter....

This thread really does make me wonder how many of us giving our strong opinions have ever actually been and spent time to see what it may be like to live anywhere but Aus.

A bit off topic but we live in a multicultural modern country and I hope it stays that way.

To the question of at what point do we turn them around ?

We cant't and i would ask anyone here answerhow we could turn around a boat with our naval ships or any other australian vessel and tow it back into indonesian waters and tie it back up at a indonesian harbour it would be treading into some dangerous territory.

These vessels they use are just old fishing boats that are so numerous when i have been up around there working that they are only identified as they start to make a b line for christmas island.

I don't have a problem with genuine refugees that have come from war torn countries coming to australia when they settle here would tend to work hard and make something of themselves with a fresh start.

Adding a different post to keep from detracting from my earlier thoughts, but I have been seeing these arguments since I was old enough to understand what "President" meant.

Some people believe that anybody who is not "us" is "them" therefore, "they" are the enemy.

It is the type of political theater that encourages usurpation of an individual's rights.

A lot of people in the US refer to Canada as "USA Junior." Australia has advantages, resources, and intelligence to keep from going down the same path.

I do love the USA (reasons can be discussed outside of this thread), but I think it would be a tragedy for Australia to become USA III

Boat People’s Poem…

I cross ocean, one way trip,

pay people smuggler one big tip

Green man, his name Bob Brown,

he welcomes all of us to town.

He big man in Government now I think.

He sends us off to Centrelink.

Welfare say, “You come no more, we send cash right to your doorâ€

Welfare cheques, they make you wealthy!

Medicare, it keep you healthy!

By and by, I get plenty money.

Thanks to you, you Aussie dummy!

Write to friends in motherland. Tell them “come fast as you can…â€

“Before all is changed to Abbott planâ€

They come in turbans and Toyota trucks,

And buy big house with welfare bucks!

They come here, we live together.

More welfare cheques, it gets better!

Fourteen families, they moving in,

But neighbour patience wearing thin.

Finally, Aussie guy moves away.

Now I buy his house, then say,

“Find more immigrants for house to rent.â€

And in the yard I put a tent.

Everything is very good,

And soon we own the neighbourhood.

We have hobby, it’s called breeding.

Welfare pay for baby feeding.

Kids need dentist? Wives need pills?

We get free! We got no bills!

Australians crazy! They work all year,

To keep the welfare running here.

We think Australia darn good place.

Too darn good for Aussie race!

If they not like us, they can scram.

Lots of space in Afghanistan!

IF YOU ENTER AUSTRALIA OR NEW ZEALAND ILLEGALLY YOU GET CREDIT CARDS,

SUBSIDIZED LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

never had a credit card or a subsidized loan for a house .

where do i sign up :cheer: ;) :woohoo: :lol:

just taking the part of the email i wanted to use and i'm making a joke ok .

emails are like tv ,mostly not true.

Think its time to lock the thread.

Too many borderline racist remarks and a lot of inaccurate statements being made;

Instead of posting bullsh!t emails that are full of lies and inaccuracies I would strongly advise doing some real research on the conditions that the refugees are kept in and what payments and benefits they receive.

Cheers

Ray

i have no problem with them coming here to start a better life as some countries are rifeand vile , i do have a problem with anyone coming here thinking that they live by their own rules and laws and cry racisim if they don't get their way .

They flee a country for a better start without the mentality to adapt to the local laws and culture to better themselves . If you want to live by your birth countries laws and traditions , then stay there

Archived