reaching the pinical of game fishing, gold coast report

madmullet

Yeah Kurt would have been impressed as they light up when excited it would have been the real deal having the marlin boat side doing that and going bananas jumping around its not something you forget in a hurry but he has the photos to show off as well

Great report and congratulations.

I've seen videos of them lighting up in attack but seeing it real life would be something else.

Did you get any video of it too? I never think to take the video camera but Eddie had the GoPro out when we were out on Friday and got some cool underwater footage and action shots. Such a big adrenalin rush with Cobia. I can't imagine how stoked you guys would have been when you knew it was a marlin. Catching one of those boys is a dream for many including myself! WELL DONE once again :D

Sorry if I just got all soft on ya but so stoked for you mate.

Kane

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well done Kurt, always good when you get your next PB, you always research what you doing and go well prepared, I always learn heaps from that..

yeh mate, i researched how to make skip baits and evan harder, swim baits. you know all your hard work and effort pays off when you reach your goal. evan now, i still am bloody stoked

I'll have to ask santa for one of those gopro cameras its cool to see footage of them next to the boat i'll be saving Kurt any extra slimies etc for those skip baits so hopefully we can get some more marlin before the season is out my camera is water proof so I will be taking lots of photos as well and try to get some under water shots. Its fantastic all these reports coming in of the marlin and in reach of our small boats I will definately get up a report if I catch one and will hopefully have some great pics to

Yeah Kurt would have been impressed as they light up when excited it would have been the real deal having the marlin boat side doing that and going bananas jumping around its not something you forget in a hurry but he has the photos to show off as well

Great report and congratulations.

I've seen videos of them lighting up in attack but seeing it real life would be something else.

Did you get any video of it too? I never think to take the video camera but Eddie had the GoPro out when we were out on Friday and got some cool underwater footage and action shots. Such a big adrenalin rush with Cobia. I can't imagine how stoked you guys would have been when you knew it was a marlin. Catching one of those boys is a dream for many including myself! WELL DONE once again :D

Sorry if I just got all soft on ya but so stoked for you mate.

Kane

I'll have to ask santa for one of those gopro cameras its cool to see footage of them next to the boat i'll be saving Kurt any extra slimies etc for those skip baits so hopefully we can get some more marlin before the season is out my camera is water proof so I will be taking lots of photos as well and try to get some under water shots. Its fantastic all these reports coming in of the marlin and in reach of our small boats I will definately get up a report if I catch one and will hopefully have some great pics to

yep, i have one coming for xmas, + saving for a top of the range h/d hand held, for now i just use my normal camera. i will also be puting in a sigi lighter socket, so i can keep the go pro going all the time and not have it run out off batt + have a spare s/d card on stand by

Thats a good idea so they are able to charge off 12 volt then cool i cant wait to get some video footage of some big fish i'll have to learn how to post that up havent done that yet

yep, i have one coming for xmas, + saving for a top of the range h/d hand held, for now i just use my normal camera. i will also be puting in a sigi lighter socket, so i can keep the go pro going all the time and not have it run out off batt + have a spare s/d card on stand by

i can show you how to edit and make vids, real easy

Thats a good idea so they are able to charge off 12 volt then cool i cant wait to get some video footage of some big fish i'll have to learn how to post that up havent done that yet

We have a Go-Pro in the boat every time I come out with you.

We just havn't used it yet,lol

We have a Go-Pro in the boat every time I come out with you.

We just havn't used it yet,lol

lol, thats funny

pitty you didnt come out sunday lance,next time ay

Yea Kurt,would have been great but I had too much on.

Also did 2 days this week in the heat offshore and I was as cooked as a lobster so a fews days break was good,lol

Got a heap of new gear arrive today so keen to get out and give it a swim soon. :P:P:P

i might pop over the sarv and say hi and see if you can get some gear for me

HAHAHAHA Lance not having enough time to get out!! Thats funny mate, I think when I called you thursday lance you hadnt slept for about 30 hours after doing orders and going out fishing, then you get phone calls from me and everyone else going, "Um Lance, you want to come fishing for marlin tomorrow" haha

Thats what happens when your an awesome deckie, and have been fishing for marlin for longer than Ive been around mate... ;)

We are going to start naming the spare seats in our boats the "lance seat" always spare just in case you can make it... :lol:

HAHAHAHA Lance not having enough time to get out!! Thats funny mate, I think when I called you thursday lance you hadnt slept for about 30 hours after doing orders and going out fishing, then you get phone calls from me and everyone else going, "Um Lance, you want to come fishing for marlin tomorrow" haha

Thats what happens when your an awesome deckie, and have been fishing for marlin for longer than Ive been around mate... ;)

We are going to start naming the spare seats in our boats the "lance seat" always spare just in case you can make it... :lol:

Its been like that Brad.

Since the Marlin have turned up my phone has been ringing hot from guys either wanting a deckie,some advice or info on how catch them or how to run a spread of lures correctly.

I don't mind though,I spent many years taking guys and kids out and getting them their first Marlin and to me that is far more satisfying than catching one myself.

The scary bit though with this good start to the season is I have been laying in bed every night for a week now trying to fight off the desire to buy another offshore boat.

I was hoping I had purged the salt from my veins but I think I failed. :P:P:P

Good luck Rob what a way to blood the new boat in dont forget the report

Can't wait to hit it again this weekend Kurt and hopefully get one in my boat too.

I'm pretty sure Lance is going to deckie for me this weekend too!

Arnt you Lance? Please Lance? Pretty pleeeaasse!

Can't wait to hit it again this weekend Kurt and hopefully get one in my boat too.

I'm pretty sure Lance is going to deckie for me this weekend too!

Arnt you Lance? Please Lance? Pretty pleeeaasse!

for sure, well tonight i will show you how to make skip bait and swim baits. i have got a good idea on how to set different positions of the lures now, and i will talk to you about that tonight

Most likely head out I would hate not to give a season like this a good crack I dont want to just read about the fishy tales I want to be holding them :woohoo:

More research thats the way to go Kurt

i spend a while talking to lance about positioning the lures and baits.

so you comin out mate

Most likely head out I would hate not to give a season like this a good crack I dont want to just read about the fishy tales I want to be holding them :woohoo:

so you comin out mate

Hey Mark

I am placing an order for some Pakula lures later this week so if you want any let me know. :P

If anyone else wants any,we may be able to get a group buy going to get the prices right down so send me a pm if you are interested in any.

so you comin out mate

Hey Mark

I am placing an order for some Pakula lures later this week so if you want any let me know. :P

If anyone else wants any,we may be able to get a group buy going to get the prices right down so send me a pm if you are interested in any.

yeh thanks lance, come on guys, i just placed an order for 3.

cant wait to get my collection back up

Archived