What is Fare?? The Deckies Turn

ONTHECHEW

Due to recent discussions some being positive, some not so, thought I would start up a post for the deckies to reply. For me all of my mates have a great time, catch some great fish and yes chip some money in at the end of the day. If we all get on and chuck up some photos listing whos boat you caught them on when you where a deckie, pb, first catch etc, it will be pretty obvious that 99% of people are having a great time on these deckie spots, meeting new people, learning new things and a bonus catching some fish.

This is a fishing forum, we all enjoy tofish, so let see some photos of what you have caught, these deckie outings are where more meet and greets happen on this web site then actual planned meet and greets events. I am sure the actual boat owners would be proud to see a photo of a fish caught in thier boat, put up them up no matter how big or small. A lot of people on this forum would have had many great experiences deckying for other members hopefully all of the photos show the posatives out weigh any previously mentioned negatives.

Andrew

I've been lucky enough to get a few different deckie spots with AFO guys. I've not had a bad experience with any of them, some trips have been better than others however still had a great time and it's allowed me to try different methods of fishing or explore new ground that my tub does not allow me to get too etc.

My first Marlin on the crazywalrus

post-8859-144598912145_thumb.jpg

My first Spanish Mackerel on the crazywalrus

post-8859-144598912171_thumb.jpg

My first green jobfish with Basstracker (I hadn't fished with bait for ages, was good fun)

post-8859-144598912163_thumb.jpg

First offshore popping trip and first yellow fin tuna with onthechew

post-8859-144598912155_thumb.jpg

There have been a few other trips with other skippers but these are pics from the last few trips :)

Thanks for the deckie spots guys and looking forward to heading out with you guys again soon :)

I have been out on the Crazywalrus, tuggers and KAF's boats.

Made the mistake of a trip on the Force once :P

And had to endure the dancing asian a couple of times as well.

All of them vastly different guys, boats and methods. But two thumbs up for all of them (except elliclown)

I also head offshore a bit with a co worker and bait versus lures is always the case with him and there is debate about his quantity in relation to my quality.

Not once have any of these guys done anything to jeopardise safety, when others around us are doing jackass manouvres or some other questionable act.

post-1039-144598912687_thumb.jpg

post-1039-144598912701_thumb.jpg

i have been a decky for many an afo folk. and i am glad to pay what ever they need because the knowledge and friendships ive made with with these people i am forever greatful. i could put a lot of pics up but mark has got me onto my pb kingy shark and snapper. kurt has got me my first bully, bill and i have fished many weekends ina row chasing bream jacks and flattys and the many other trips out with others have landed me a good feed of fish or just the aspect of it of being on the water. in my opinion your being lucky enough to be invited out by the skipper. show respect always if sharing rods then skipper gets first hit. if trolling for marlin skipper also gets first pick. i believe if the skipper asks to share costs then always i will. you cant get on a charter for free so why expect to fish for free on a mates boat.

I have fished with several people on here and had nothing but negative experiences.

That Crazy Walrus suspect's boat is too shiny. The reflection off the unpainted aluminium is always blinding me. I mean come on who hasn't heard of a paint job?! On top of that the outriggers are too intimidating and I am worried I will get impaled on one of the spikey ends. There is always to much beer in the esky and I always go home with a hangover.

Daveylad's boat is just too clean and comfortable. I am constantly worried about getting blood and pillie juice on it. Its so comfortable I always find myself having a snooze for most of the trip rather than fishing.

Shortie's boat is ok but he makes me feel sh!tty about myself for being too generous and accomodating.

Shane69's sounder always lights up with too many colours. Next time I go on that boat I will have to take anti epilepsy medication as a precaution.

Caught on the weekend with Shane:

post-972-144598912179_thumb.jpg

I've had a few decky spots from other bfo members and have taken a few out myself too. Tugger and Daveylad boatwise (with assistance from Dom and Bri) have been helpful in teaching me the ins and outs of bar crossings. Tugger has been more than fair across a number of trips and Daveylad didn't want any cash. So thanks. I've had a bit of a run around wavebreak in Teds new boat Cheers. Carter has also generously taken me on his boat up at Noosa. Ray has taken me out countless times which I've had a ball at NPD.

Also had Ant and Dassa take me out yak fishing which has been a bit of a new experience for me.

I think at the end of the day it seems to me that all deckies/skippers on bfo have so far been fair in their expectations both financially and fish wise. There have been a few isolated incidents which appear to be due to lack of communication but that happens we are all the better for the experience.

post-3471-144598912649_thumb.jpg

post-3471-14459891266_thumb.jpg

post-3471-144598912671_thumb.jpg

post-3471-144598912682_thumb.jpg

Good call Andrew.. here's some of mine..

Bassing with Ray - one of the first deckie spots from BFO.

post-873-144598912275_thumb.jpg

Deckying for Rob - and catching his fish with his gear

post-873-1445989126_thumb.jpg

Squid on topwater with Manni

post-873-144598912611_thumb.jpg

breamin it with Dell

post-873-144598912621_thumb.jpg

I can't find any pictures of trips out on Tuggers boat - but he put me onto my 1m+ spanish mackeral and has taken me out a few times and have deckied for Andrew (onthechew) and a few others I can't remember.

I can't find any pictures of trips out on Tuggers boat - but he put me onto my 1m+ spanish mackeral and has taken me out a few times and have deckied for Andrew (onthechew) and a few others I can't remember.

few others you can't remember?? :ohmy: you cut me real deep right now henry, real deep... ha ha ha! I even let you drive b!tch! :P

I've deckied for a few people, learnt a bit in the process as well. I still attribute my ability to use plastics in any way shape or form to Dostylz, Kriso and Jeff F when they were deckies on my boat - it's not just the skipper who teaches stuff!

few others you can't remember?? :ohmy: you cut me real deep right now henry, real deep... ha ha ha! I even let you drive b!tch! :P

I've deckied for a few people, learnt a bit in the process as well. I still attribute my ability to use plastics in any way shape or form to Dostylz, Kriso and Jeff F when they were deckies on my boat - it's not just the skipper who teaches stuff!

haha. oh yeah. and Benno :silly: It's been a long time between drinks mate.

Ben was one of the first to take me out as well.

Actually.. faulked was the first from bfo. it was my first social catch up and i was going to landbase it after the meet.

haha. oh yeah. and Benno :silly: It's been a long time between drinks mate.

Ben was one of the first to take me out as well.

Actually.. faulked was the first from bfo. it was my first social catch up and i was going to landbase it after the meet.

yeah... still think the day you kriso and I went out was a top day - despite the sounder deciding it no longer was going to play the game. remember kriso's fishing chicken? gold!

But I also remember Henry taking me out in his boat chasing fish with artificials only. learnt a lot about how to fish plastics that day and it was the first fishing trip i had ever done in a boat with no bait at all. we both bought our own gear, I towed the boat to the ramp, henry sorted the fuel for the boat. I helped clean the boat afterwards and managed to back it into the garage only causing a slight traffic jam in the process. Was a great morning out with a bit of a feed bought home as well.

I've been lucky to meet a few decent blokes off this site and decky for em.

Haven't been off shore ( I don't have the gear for it.)

But I've always thoroughly enjoyed my time on the water with them, even if we ain't catching huge fish it's always a good laugh, and a great time had.

Here's a few I've bagged.

post-7081-144598912873_thumb.jpeg

Whiting trip with Youngy. (I'd never seen whiting this big)

post-7081-144598912882_thumb.jpg

PB bream taken from George Black's boat.

post-7081-144598912886_thumb.jpg

Another good lizard taken from Matty's boat

post-7081-144598912891_thumb.jpg

Good Lizard taken from Rodney (Often Debaited's) boat.

As well as landing my fair share of fish, I've been lucky enough to help/share the moment the skipper has cracked a new Pb or first for them.

Richard got his first bream on a HB, ODB got his first bream on a HB and an SP with me, that's always a good feeling to help someone gain a new first.

Ted, Brian and Eddie have all taken me out.

Would go again with all of 'em...

But I still owe Ted half a carton of Peroni...

If I could give any advice to the new members out there who want to get out and go fishing with experienced blokes - get down to the socials, get down the parties, get to comps.

I'd been on this site a long time before I got invited out with these guys, within days of my first visit to an AFO event my first deckie spot followed.

Not only have I got to go fishing, I've made some friends and contacts. Need some help? Phonecall away - as I would be for them, if required.

Thats the beauty of these forums.

I personally dont deckie too much anymore as i like taking own boat out. I can fish were and way i like that way lol.

The main people i would like to thank for spots is Tugger Mark. If it wasnt for him id be still fishing bay. He showed me how cross spb and fish boat rock. Taught me how to floatlone. Now it is one of my favourite fishing spots.

Cheers mate

Dom(dhess) taught me how to fish deep water. Showed me how important it is to use your sounder properly for offshore fishing and how to find spots.

Andrew(onthechew) and Mark too me out and showed me how to fish plastics properly. Also showed me how to fish few spots properly.

Steve (Bullet) took me out and showed me how to troll for wahoo properly and when best times are to catch them.

Imy (imy90) took me out taught me how to jig for schoolies and how to spot and chase spotties on surface.

Cheers guys if it wasnt for you guys id still be chasing bream lol.

I hope the guys i have taught stuff to guys i have taken out with me.

Shane

Ted, Brian and Eddie have all taken me out.

Would go again with all of 'em...

But I still owe Ted half a carton of Peroni...

If I could give any advice to the new members out there who want to get out and go fishing with experienced blokes - get down to the socials, get down the parties, get to comps.

I'd been on this site a long time before I got invited out with these guys, within days of my first visit to an AFO event my first deckie spot followed.

Not only have I got to go fishing, I've made some friends and contacts. Need some help? Phonecall away - as I would be for them, if required.

Thats the beauty of these forums.

couldnt agree more go to the social weekends introduce yourself and dont be shy to start a conversation with whoever is there ask questions we dont bite

I personally dont deckie too much anymore as i like taking own boat out. I can fish were and way i like that way lol.

The main people i would like to thank for spots is Tugger Mark. If it wasnt for him id be still fishing bay. He showed me how cross spb and fish boat rock. Taught me how to floatlone. Now it is one of my favourite fishing spots.

Cheers mate

Dom(dhess) taught me how to fish deep water. Showed me how important it is to use your sounder properly for offshore fishing and how to find spots.

Andrew(onthechew) and Mark too me out and showed me how to fish plastics properly. Also showed me how to fish few spots properly.

Steve (Bullet) took me out and showed me how to troll for wahoo properly and when best times are to catch them.

Imy (imy90) took me out taught me how to jig for schoolies and how to spot and chase spotties on surface.

Cheers guys if it wasnt for you guys id still be chasing bream lol.

I hope the guys i have taught stuff to guys i have taken out with me.

Shane

just a small amount of some of the catches landed from shano's and tuggers (who coincidently also schooled me up a bit on how to float line) boats. and big thanks goes to shane whos put my onto some good fishing both inside and outside and shared plenty of his spots with me and helped me with times and tides to fish them, and whom id often use as my ear to the ground so to speak of whats been caught where and when as im often absent from brissy for weeks at a time. all of which i am very grateful of.

Although Shane i do expect for you as a skipper to pick your game up when ensuring that good weather will line up with my sh!thouse roster from now on lol :P

post-1256-144598913411_thumb.jpg

post-1256-144598913425_thumb.jpg

post-1256-144598913437_thumb.jpg

post-1256-144598913458_thumb.jpg

post-1256-144598913447_thumb.jpg

Been doing bay and river fishing for few years and lately got into offshore fishing by Shane in which intro Mark Tugger. Mark gave me an opportunity to gain my official Australia Offshore Trip. The knowledge gain fishing with Shane and Mark is fantastic and still very keen to head out with them if there is ever a chance.. Also been deckie with the famous fresh water Ray which gave me a good lesson for bass and yellow belly. Both PB Bass & PB Yellow Belly with Ray.

[img size=300]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/livaio/P8133987_zps16982889.jpg[img size=300]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/livaio/P8103946_zps253f2531.jpg

Got my PB Kingie with Tugger.

[img size=400]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/livaio/P1010515_zps77cf6b9b.jpg

PB Mack Tuna & PB Threadfin & PB Tailor & PB Jew with my Buddy.

[img size=300]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/livaio/P1060312_zps03f36d0b.jpg[img size=300]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/livaio/DSCF4159_zpsa747dace.jpg

Just to sum up, It was my honor to know good friends such as Mark, Shane, Lance, Richard, etc.... I am just as crazy into fishing as you guys!! Looking forward for more deckie spots.

Richard(Livaio)

Archived