tyres

shortie

They still make Mickey Thompsons? They used to be \"the\" cheap rag radial for for your street machine when I was a kid, those and Bridgestone Traffic Accidents (TA's)

I run Simex on my cars, good tyre at a good price.

I tried a set of Maxis on my Rio, could not get them balanced, went back 3 times, still not great, also need replacing after only about 20000k's. Wont get them again.

thank guys.

I had a set of coopers stt on a previous vehicle. within 10000 they wore unevenly are the car sounded like a helicopter coming up the street.

The micket thompson are getting a good rap on a 4x4 site i looked at.

apparently huge brand in the states. all comp gus are using them.

its amazing how everyones experience differs on the same brands of tryes.

Makes the desision difficult.

HI ,Ijust put a set of 285/70/17 maxxis BIG HORN B) on my patrol ,as factory fitted tyres were hopeless in the wet and not that flash in the dry (80 000k) was going to go BFG as I got over 100 000k out of last set, but at over $400 a corner plus a spare thought that i would give the gold belted radials a miss . Only been on a few days but run real smooth and quite with plenty of grip . :cheer: PS, plus i've got BIG HORN written all over patrol for $300 a corner :woohoo:

I allways run mud terains in the wide series I dont get bogged on bittuiem and in sand you can deflate them to create a wider foot print and just take care not to be to agressive with the foot pedal but a sand tyre wont dig like a aggressive mud tyre when conditions require extra cleaning and on a wet tar road displace water better

thats just my experience

Gaz

Like I said horse's for cources Desert duellers suck big time

nitrogen for fourbies :laugh: well i guess people that don't ever changed their tyre pressure might as well use nitrogen inflation, but while we're making a list, they might as well drive a tarago.

anyway, i must say.. i love the traction i get in my bfg MT's but roadwear is a big problem when you talking 350+ a tyre (x6=$2100) so I got some little kumho roadies for week days, bfgs for weekends.

it really depends on what kind of use you wanna get out of your truck dude, do you do mainly on road driving + a bit of towing at the ramp? or are we talking some serious dirty work?

shoot us a pm, i can point you towards some sites where you should be able to find good second hand sets if you wanna save some cash.

Saw a set of 4WD wheels with reasonable tyres on Maundrel Terrace (Chermside west, near eastbourne street)this morning in the council throughout pile. Looked like nissan rims. Dont think they'll still be there though!

Mate at work never changes the tyres on his hilux, reckons there is always some kid selling his near new rims and tyres because they have bought big rims and tyres. Usually gets rims and tyres for under $200!

cost reallt isnt a problem. vehicle does mainly road road. Tow the boat and camper trailer.

Its also front and rear locked.So when it does get dirty it works hard. But not into rock climbing and comp work.

Just and all round good performer capable of reasonable k's but adequate offroad

IT all depends what you want. If you where into a lot of offroading, nad could be bothered, get two sets of tires. I have 31x10.5 wrangler hts for road use nad switch too Simex Extreme Trekkers (Centerpedes) for hte weekend. Will never go back to a cheap mud terrain tire again. Cannot beat them. except for sounding like a train when ur driving of course

Archived