Don't be scared... I am a girl... and like to fish

vicky

Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all!

I've been lurking a fair bit recently reading up on places to fish in Brisbane.

I moved down here about 1.5 years ago from Cairns. I spent a fair bit of time fishing up there on our family boat, mainly for Marlin, and gamefish like Mackeral, and other sorts of reef fish.

So then moved down here, didn't have a boat, got out of the fishing loop by accident and now have no idea where to fish. :-(

I've done a little around Jacob's Well, but I dont like stingrays, so I tried the Shornecliff/Sandgate Jetty, and that was fun - but no fish. :-( So I went out this morning to Schultz Canal, got a bit sunburnt, but was amazed to see the amount of fish in that river. It looks so brown, but I got a strike, just no hook up. :-(

Anyway, this Intro section probably isn't the spot for this... so I'll leave my adventures there for now. :-)

See ya round!

- Vicky

Vicky welcome to the site.

And i dont think you'll scare us.

I fish with my soon to be wife all the time. In fact she came 2nd on the weekend in the Lady Fishers comp at Hinze dam :)

Welcome aboard and i hope you learn a lot more about the local scene. By the way, feel free to tag along to events etc. Once you get to know the crew here the fun begins :P

Angus

hehehe. Thanks.

yeah, this whole land based fishing is completely different to what I'm used to. So I feel a bit stuuupid most of the time. But you guys all sound really nice and helpful.

Congrats on 2nd place! There's a great fishing comp up in Cairns every December just for the Ladies called Ribbons. It's so much fun...and a fair few billfish still around then... but it's probably just a bit too much of an excuse to get boozy. :-)

We gals know how to party.

Incoming tide at schultz is bad? hmmm. ok I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Re: the marlin. I fished mainly light tackle. Never did get into the thousand pounders. Too much effort. hehe. I mainly stuck to the small ones - 30 to 70kgs.

I'll try and find a photo. They're all up in Cairns.

Although here's one with a mackeral from a couple of years ago. Not really the best pic. Hope the tags work.

IMG_4402_vicky-mackeral.jpg

Welcome Vicky

Hope can you give as good as you get. These chauvinistic smelly males on line are very uncouth and boisterous. Not me I am well mannered and charming.;)

Here's a pic of my crew members, you are welcome to join the crew.

BTW nice fish you got there, but I am affraid that you have to work a lot harder down here to get fish like that. [img size=421]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/m4.jpg

post-118-144598426978_thumb.jpg

vicky wrote:

hehehehehe. I was going to type something about how it \"Looks like they've all got their special buoyancy vests on\". *jks* hehehe.

Haha! :laugh: When all along I thought they were air bags but thanks for putting me straight with the built in floaties. :woohoo:

Fire up Vicky - you have been here plenty long enough.:)

Archived