Boat ramp wanted - Jacobs Well to Southport

bootyinblue

I know its late notice but depending on the weather tomorrow I am converting the fishing machine to a pleasure cruiser and taking a member of the fairer sex for a cruise tomorrow around the Broadwater area. Does anyone know a boat ramp between Jacobs Well and Southport area which is in good condition and has parking etc. I have no issue with the 25km run from Jacobs Well, but a rough ride might shake up more than the champers.... Girls would know what I mean there!!

bootyinblue wrote:

I know its late notice but depending on the weather tomorrow I am converting the fishing machine to a pleasure cruiser and taking a member of the fairer sex for a cruise tomorrow around the Broadwater area. Does anyone know a boat ramp between Jacobs Well and Southport area which is in good condition and has parking etc. I have no issue with the 25km run from Jacobs Well, but a rough ride might shake up more than the champers.... Girls would know what I mean there!!

:laugh: :laugh: I've had those complaints before when heading through the choppy stuff. Can't help with a ramp, but I can offer one suggestion - Sports Bra!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yea I have beacon to Beacon, and although there are ramps dotted all the way through it, you get to some ramps and its just a single lane at end of a street with no parking along each side of the street.

Overnight thunderstorms, clearing showers early in the morning.

Broadwater is a good area to have a cruise around looking at how some of the little Aussie battlers live and then duck up to Seaworld Stadium or somewhere for lunch. Then Fishos is always there in the afternoon if needed too...

Yeah you are right, it is a nice cruise.

I just get a bit tired of it as that is where my office is. On weekends I can't get far enough away. But some of those houses and floating motels (yachts) are amazing. If only I would stop spending all my money fishing and in tackle stores I might be able to afford one.

If you go past the yacht club have a look at \"White Crane\". It's a fishing boat about 68'. You can have it for 2.8mil. It is in the western super yacht berths. Not the prettist thing I've seen but it is one heck of a fishing bost.

Brian D wrote:

Yeah you are right, it is a nice cruise.

I just get a bit tired of it as that is where my office is. On weekends I can't get far enough away.

DUH, I was going to tie up and come in for a beer at the bar. I promise I will where my pluggers while inside. But do I need a shirt or are sluggers acceptable?

Coomera river looks the go and spied a place at Jabiru Island that could be the spot of interest.

Try the Coomera river either west of the highway or down further at Jabiru Island, both have good ramps and car parks.

Then you can cruise around Hope Island and Sancturary Cove and see how the other half live, also the some nice floating boat yards on the way.

The tavern at Sancturary cove does a good feed and there is a big public jetty you tie up at.

I'll make a map.

The sailing boat is already to go... Its the knee that is still holding me up. Oh and the gates that are still to be fitted.

Sailing is every second weekend on Wivenhoe at Hays Landing, but also noticed that Southport Yacht Club have multi hulled off the beach events too (Nudge nudge wink wink, Brian D... Do you have anything to do with handicapping)

Thanks James for the map, I am launching at Jabiru Island and might spin up to Sanctuary Cove for morning tea.

Archived