Guests...

Dazzamcgee

Well guy's and girls as of late I was under the assumption that to enter the forum posts you had to be a member. Right??

If so can anyone explain the appearance of a \"guest\" that is hanging around??

I don't like to be followed around by someone I don't know so if some one can give details on who, what, why and when it would be much appreciated...:)

ok webby, scroll up this page to the top and where it says who is viewing the post at times not just on the topics I post but other posts I see (1)guest viewing..

reads like this at times..

Brisbane Fishing Online Forum>> Website > Website Issues (2 viewing)Dazzamcgee, (1)guest....

Any ideas?

Members keep ya eyes peeled for it!!

I get what ya mean Dazza, I saw it before, I'll help you explain.

Up the top of the forum page, where it says Reply Topic(in green) and Subscrib(in red). the above that it says the categories your in, for example this page where it says Brisbane Fishing Online Forum >> Website Issues >> Guests...

Then directly below that it says 2 viewing, Tim a, Pcsolution man.

I saw before in this space it said 2 members and 1 guest.

that what you meant daz?

I'm with Jeff F. I could read the forum before I signed up. Infact I was reading it for a few days before I became a member. And I too see \"(1)guests\" in the \"who's viewing\" part... I just thought it was normal though - because a lot of other forums allow guests to browse but not to post.

I just noticed it in the thread \"New to fishing\". It was immediately after bootyinblue had posted.

It said there were 2 viewers - myself and \"Guest\". Perhaps the guest was in fact booty who had just posted his reply and there is a glitch in the system that sees the last poster as a guest.??? Just a thought.

Although the same didn't happen in the thread \"any one going to the BCF night?\". In that case immediately after he posted there were 3 viewers -me him and the mystery guest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived