Lots of Yellas Around NPD

Dinodadog

There are lots of yellas around at the moment, they always come on at spring time. I got 4 yesterday and seen others caught near me. Also got 8 bass and myself as well. Unhooked the spinnerbait and went to drop the fish back in the water and wack I had the hook buried in my left hand index finger all the way past the barb,ouch. The reason this happened was because the fish still had a swivel,line and hook in it which I did not see,someone had lost it before. When i dropped the fish the line grabed my lure and pulled it into my finger. I tried several ways to get it out but finaly had to cut hook with pliers and useing pliers push the point of the hook out my finger a bit further along. What you have to do when you are alone. ha ha 5mins later someone turned up. All fish on

spinnerbaits.

Today Tues got 5 bass 3 on s/baits and 2 on slugs. Also seen yellas caught near by. For yellas any lures as long as they go near the bottom.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

Whatnow

They only fight hard for the first few meters then they are a dead weight. No specific colours for the yellas. I have been using all different colours. You just have to make sure you slow roll along the bottom which is where they live.

I do not recommend bush surgery as it bloody hurts.Still whining.

Dino

Whatnow

They only fight hard for the first few meters then they are a dead weight. No specific colours for the yellas. I have been using all different colours. You just have to make sure you slow roll along the bottom which is where they live.

I do not recommend bush surgery as it bloody hurts.Still whining.

Dino

Robski: Next time don't make a curry out of it. Just eat it with no additives, mmmm mud.

There have been loads of Yellows biting at the moment. I have caught 10 or so in the last 5 trips and have seen at leas another 10-15 landed. My 2 biggest have both been 58cm then 56cm after that. The rest between 40 and 50 besides one 30cm rat.

Use either Chartreuse Jackall TN60s or 70s or big 3/4 oz. Fire Tiger Spinner Baits and Stinger hooks. They stick out and Yellows don't exactly have a lot of brains ;) . The Bass love them as well.

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived