BRC Iniative (spelling)

BIG DAVE 1

Some of us will agree that it is getting harder and harder to get live shrimp from our local creeks. We are slowly approaching the breeding season for shrimps. I think we should all get together and stock a few of our local creek with shrimp to boost the populations. If we organise it now, by november alot of the shrimp you can get from the aquariums are loaded with eggs. If we released them into the surrounding creeks we with a bit of luck could produce a population. So in the future when we need shrimp their there for us. if anyones is keen let me know cause im sure if we all worked hard and put in a few dollars in we could succesfully acheive this.

DAVE

How quick do they breed?

What conditions do they need? I've got three neighbours with dams, (one is stocked with silver perch, so might not count that one), Ferg also has a big dam behind him, but he has thrown a couple of yellow belly in there, so that one could be out as well.

I've also got a couple of large poly drums, maybe I could raise some in there!

have tried in a couple of local creeks and dams without much success we seem to have a big population of eels in the redlands. released about 100 redclaw about 4 inches long into a mates dam 2 years ago and went eel fishing the next day and caught over 20 eels and they were all full of redclaw. we thought that we had caught all of the eels but when we went fishing about 2 months later they were as thick as ever.

ray

my mate with the dam is overseas till 7th next month i will put the word on him when he returns.

re the smoker i already have alarge one that i do hams in. ive tried ells and it wasnt a good result. i need a good recipe. when i tried to pump them with the brine pump they were too tough to pump.

ray

Archived