What boats does everyone have?

tom

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I've only just gotten into fishing/boating so I thought I'd start off small and possibly work my way up.

She's a glascraft maurader.

50 Hp Suzuki 2 stroke with a fishfinder

Heaps of scratches and scuffmarks.

I dont really know what the boat is like but I'll let you all know after I take her out to Morton bay tomorrow.

[img size=499]http://users.on.net/~markfart/888f_3.JPG

Post edited by: donbazzil, at: 2007/07/14 14:36

welcome aboard donbazzil, she looks like she'll do the job nicely. were you launching from tomorrow?

there are a bunch of us getting together for a bit of a howdy-do castnet training,swapmeet,breakfast and fishing sesion at wellington point ramp at 7am sunday15th july(tomorrow)if you'd care to join us. that way you could do your first bay trip in company. jeff f

heres my old dunger i think i better wash some creek scum of at well bloody water restrictions lol:sick: and some of my oldeer rods

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/07/14 17:46

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/07/14 17:51

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/07/14 17:56

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/07/14 18:37

jeff f wrote:

welcome aboard donbazzil, she looks like she'll do the job nicely. were you launching from tomorrow?

there are a bunch of us getting together for a bit of a howdy-do castnet training,swapmeet,breakfast and fishing sesion at wellington point ramp at 7am sunday15th july(tomorrow)if you'd care to join us. that way you could do your first bay trip in company. jeff f

Bugga, I wish I had read your post before I left, I definatley would come along.

And im fairly certain you guys would of reminded me to put the bung plugs in and also reminded me not to leave my mobile phone in my pocket.:blush:

donbazzil wrote:

jeff f wrote:

Bugga, I wish I had read your post before I left, I definatley would come along.

And im fairly certain you guys would of reminded me to put the bung plugs in and also reminded me not to leave my mobile phone in my pocket.:blush:

Mate shame you did not get the message before the meet. However no biggy, there is usually something in the pipeline.

Check the calendar or the events countdown as there are several good ones coming up that will be nice and social as well.

Cheers

Angus

P.S. Welcome to the site mate!

And im fairly certain you guys would of reminded me to put the bung plugs in and also reminded me not to leave my mobile phone in my pocket.:blush.

Mate don't worry we all have done the same thing - well at least all the honest ones.

I will be heading out to the Harry A reef next weekend, if you want to come you are welcome. Check out the \"going fishing\" section.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a 5metre whaler (single hull) with only a 40 hp jhonno on, i have so many people say to me that it is under powered and yet i get out on the reefs nearly every weekend with one or two passengers, just the standard handheld gps and hummingbird pirahna sounder, i go under the call sign of sassy junior usaully on channel 26 vhf, i would go out in the sea with 25knots any direction and up to 2.5 m seas and it only cost about $20 feul to go to the 36's while trolling all the way, i have mates with the big 8metre platies but every time we go out it cost around $200 fuel and we catch less fish

I have a 5 m hydrofield with a 3hp anzani on it and have been to Newzealand and it only cost me $4.50 for fuel and I caught 3 marlin and 2 humpbacks on the way.Reason for cheap fuel was that motor broke down and I had to paddle most of the way.

Top that if you can.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/08/01 15:08

rayke1938 wrote:

I have a 5 m hydrofield with a 3hp anzani on it and have been to Newzealand and it only cost me $4.50 for fuel and I caught 3 marlin and 2 humpbacks on the way.Reason for cheap fuel was that motor broke down and I had to paddle most of the way.

Top that if you can.

Ray<br><br>Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/08/01 15:08

PMSL Ray.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Was that before the fuel price went up ?

Did you intentionally target the humpbacks for the free ride ?

Hahaha

I`ve got a 5.4m Savage Lancer, center console (maybe longer including the engine pod).

It`s powered by a 2 stroke 115hp Yamaha and fitted with 12 foot outriggers and a solid welded canopy.

For navigation i use a Navman 5500 colour plotter and i see below with an older model Humminbird sounder (soon to be upgradede to a Garmin).

I still have alot to do to customise my boat, like cutting the alloy around the anchor well and replacing it with thicker checker plate and replacing the fixed trim tabs for adjustables. But for now I`m content with it and wouldn`t trade it in for anything (except maybe a Skeeter or a 35 foot Bertram :laugh: ) [img size=314]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/BOATAFO.JPG

Post edited by: Nastymind, at: 2007/08/01 15:31

Post edited by: Nastymind, at: 2007/08/01 15:55

post-915-144598422774_thumb.jpg

Feral: Dad had a 5.5m +pod searanger that was converted into a centre console. It has plenty of fishing space and enough canopies to keep everyone dry (pays to be a trimmer occasionally). Not all bigger boats are designed for the Mrs.

PS Its for sale if anyone is interested....

Post edited by: bigtez, at: 2007/08/01 22:54

bigtez wrote:

Feral:Dad had a 5.5m +pod searanger that was converted into a centre console. It has plenty of fishing space and enough canopies to keep everyone dry (pays to be a trimmer occasionally). Not all bigger boats are designed for the Mrs.

PS Its for sale if anyone is interested....

Yeah, mine has shiploads of space. It comfortably fits up to 4 fishermen. I regularly take 5 out fishing and 6 is possible, although not entirely comfy. When i do the watersports thing i take 6 people. 2 or 3 behind the boat and the other 3 or 4 in the boat.

Feral wrote:

Ever noticed the bigger the boat the less fishing room they seem to have?

I wonder if you can get your hands on a 6 1/2 m rear control tinnie? We would only have to take one boat for a complete AFO outing then!

Sorry the biggest I found so far is a Quintrex 6m and rated to 80hp

[img size=477]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Thumbnail.jpg

post-458-144598422803_thumb.jpg

polyphonic wrote:

Feral wrote:
Ever noticed the bigger the boat the less fishing room they seem to have?

I wonder if you can get your hands on a 6 1/2 m rear control tinnie? We would only have to take one boat for a complete AFO outing then!

Sorry the biggest I found so far is a Quintrex 6m and rated to 80hp

[img size=477]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Thumbnail.jpg

Is that Berliegh Heads in the back ground..?

Angus

Gezz there's a couple of nice boats on here.

Freedom your boat is too nice to keep it too yourself maybe you should donate it to AFO. :woohoo: (Just kidding but she looks sweet)

That's a great photo of your boat Mack. Look how stable it sits in the water.B) I would like a $ for every fish you have caught in that.

Nasty your is sweet too - ready for work I would say.:) It will be great in the bay and out wide.

But come one havearest where's Cruise Craft. The worlds best boat maker- well nearly.:)

Does anyone have a Grand Banks Craft

Arhh Brian you forgot Bertram :pinch:

Having come from down south I on ocassions went to carribean markets which has the Bertram / Carribean/ Pride factory right next door :)

Yep they all come out of the same factory ;) and moulds with different brand names

Archived