Scrub Worms

shayned

Yeah the garden of my last house:( , Unfortunately had to move and left my scrub worm collection behind, they seemed to accumulate where I threw my lawn clippings, I actually attempted a night crawler farm but the native scrub worms came in and took over:blink: (Suited me caoz they were ten times better bait) I'd suggest looking anywhere with a lot of leaf litter especially along edges of creeks

Garden worms or scrubbies on the VIC/NSW boader

they are totally different scrubbies as we called them were usually not less than 12\" long and really fat some reaching 2 foot

whilst your garden worm is prob @ best 6\"-8\"

With the current water restictions and lack of rainfall finding worms would be hard :(

A well watered piece of carpet or hesian sack over a layer old cardboard or newspaper under it in an unused part of the yard will bring in the worms ;) worms seem to love paper ;)

As for Scrubbies not sure we used to go bush and find em under moss growing near trees but it was a bit wetter down there :pinch:

Worm farms are great :woohoo: and feed your worms again paper but only put in one breed of worm as they do kill each other off :blink:

well thats about all I can help

Gaz

except night crawlers are really good if you dont mind paying for em and never never but tiger worms they are crap the hook is fatter than the worm :angry:

Hope this helps, scrub worms are the real deal fair dinkum native australian worm which come in three main types and supposedly range across all of Oz. One type from Victoria grows to be the biggest worm in the world.

More importantly our native fish love them, especially in wild situations. I just haven't found any in SEQ yet.

shayned wrote:

Hope this helps, scrub worms are the real deal fair dinkum native australian worm which come in three main types and supposedly range across all of Oz. One type from Victoria grows to be the biggest worm in the world.

More importantly our native fish love them, especially in wild situations. I just haven't found any in SEQ yet.

I reckon I probably caught more natives on them than shrimp in the Murray/Darling system but up here I seem to have bettter results on Shimp, the big giant ones your talking about are they the ones around Gippsland?

Yep, thems the ones. Got to admit I haven't tried them up here but they work really well down on the Napean River in NSW. I reckon I might have poke around with a shovel over the next couple of weeks and see how I go. Might move a couple into my own back yard and see if they stay about.

I'd suggest heading a bit north were the water has fallen as in my experience down south like all worms they only come up when the ground is moist stands to logic ;)

if it is dry and hard and you were a worm would you dig in soft soil or hard ground lol

worms where called rainbow gods by the natives as they only came out after the rain :woohoo: so search the wetter area's

Gaz

Archived