Quick Couple Of Hour Fish Brisbane River

jhedrick

So I went out for a fish the other to try and catch a threadfin. This is my 8th attempt at doing so and no luck. I couldn't catch any prawns as bait but caught a bunch of herring. I fished right up against the pillar almost into the "no go zone" as my anchor decided to take me for a ride.

All we got was a nice cod and a sting ray. Any advice on better spots to anchor up or what bait to use for threadfin? 

I think I might need a hand with this one. 

Anyway here is a photo of the little fella

20190205_135044.jpg

I’d keep trying along where the cranes are when there is no ships parked up, from memory I think your supposed to be thirty metres from the wharf,  though heaps of people just park in close.I’ve got them all along there and would only fish for an hour and a bit either side of the tide change. And had more luck near the lights. Another spot to try is just at the front of breaky creek near Newstead park. Multiple good size prawns hooked through the tail would alway get me best results

On 09/02/2019 at 2:32 AM, jhedrick said:

Anyway here is a photo of the little fella

Nice  cod mate. They taste heaps better than threddies IMHO. I know I know no where near as much fun to catch. 🙂

Good on ya. I say keep at it. 

Most the guns I know fish at night under the brightest light they can find. Baits and lured fished in the top 3m of water in and around the edge of the pool of light. 

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Threadies do move around so look for bait or prawns on your sounder. Big green prawns have worked for me in the past. Those cod are delicious.

So I grilled the cod up that night. All I can say is that I want to catch 2 decent size so I have a couple of fillets for the freezer. Words can't describe how amazing it tasted with just butter oil salt pepper garlic and fresh parsley and lemon. I want more 

23 hours ago, jhedrick said:

So I grilled the cod up that night. All I can say is that I want to catch 2 decent size so I have a couple of fillets for the freezer. Words can't describe how amazing it tasted with just butter oil salt pepper garlic and fresh parsley and lemon. I want more 

I agree, I rate them the best eating fish that I know. 

Archived