A yella in my belly

robski

Since the NP reports seem a bit slow lately, I thought I would throw this one in...

Had an RDO today and arrived at the area across from the island today only to find it overhwelmed with weeds and stuff...right down to the banks of the dam. I couldn't fish there so I headed off to Mcgavin view instead.

Was pretty windy around near the popular spot (where the tape used to be)and was just about to give it away after about half an hour or so. But I decided to keep trying a for a little while and got a nice yellowbelly.

I always feel a bit guilty about taking any fish home, but I promised a mate to keep a yellowbelly for dinner if I managed to catch one. So we ate it. It tasted nice, but I still feel a bit bad about taking it. It might be the last one I take from there.

Yellowbelly on a purple G-vibe...

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img_3197.jpg

post-803-144598433258_thumb.jpg

Good on you robski, nice little report mate. About that catch and eat guilts, I hear you, I have changed my ways a bit too but the thing with your little dinner is that you do it just right.

What I mean is that these fish are stocked and keeping what you want to eat ocasionally is just fine. It's not like you took an esky on wheeles down with you and filled it up. You only took a feed. :)

jimmybob wrote:

i reckon if ya gunna eat a yella..eat a just legal one..the smaller the better...but dont feel bad bout eating one mate...they are stocked as brian said..so all good...

Yeah, the only other one I've eaten was a fair bit smaller and it was beautiful tasting.

the yellas i have eaten were 40cm max taken from a mates back yard dam ( its a pretty good dam thou;) ) and skinned , crumbed and shallow fried were pretty good...i have seen guys take home 50cm+ monsters to bake whole in the oven...man that would be disgusting!....a waste of a beauitful fish i reckon....

it might be stocked but the money for fish was gathered from boat permits now you cant take boats on that water and last time i checked npd was not on the sip scheme so though the dam is stocked probably not lately

on the other hand since water is declining reducing overall fish density could save fish

one is ok for the table if you could be bothered

Archived