Embarrassed at Somerset

Schultzy

Shot up to Somerset for a few hours before work early in the week. Love weekdays, no ski boats and even better, no wake boats.

Slipped the boat into the water and realised something was missing. Left the camera case sitting at home. How embarrasment :blush: (to quote Kylie Mole).

Not to worry there is always the little 1.2 megapixel compact in the boat. Raced up the lake to just above the Junction and trolled with a couple of big lures. Had a Viper on one rod and an 80mm Boomerang on the other. In a lake of clay banks I managed to drive straight over a rock outcrop and modify the nearly new Solas prop. How embarrasment again! :blush: :blush:

Worked along the river channel and hooked up after about an hour. Felt like a solid fish and even mellow old Schultzy let out a yahoo when a handsome green mottled head appeared.

Swam the cod into the shallows, hopped out of the boat to take some shots with the fish in the water. Snapped one pic and the batteries in the compact went flat.

How embarrassment yet again! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Measured the cod at 49cm let him go, quit while the going was good and left before I could stuff up again.

Stopped for fuel on the way home and checked twice to make sure my fly was done up before getting out of the car. Paranoid? Maybe. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/sset_cod.jpg

post-108-14459843359_thumb.jpg

Ash,

Persistence is the key. Keep targeting the cod, ignore the bass, etc, and eventually you'll nail one.

Easier to get a cod on the western side of the range in places like Leslie, Glenlyon, the Dumaresq River, etc.

Over the border tends to fish better than QLD, possible due to their all waters licence.

jimmybob wrote:

Ash wrote:
Jimmy, im waiting a couple of months then im coming to you place with my cod set up. I i know of cod that lives near you thats just asking to be caught;) :P

i know where we need to knock ash...cant waitB)

Remember to ignore those pesky 50 cm bass Jimmy, I'm thinking of heading there Saturday morning, next time I go leaving all bass gear at home (especially lipless crankbaits) so no temptation to chase the bass again:laugh:

Archived