Suburbs Of Origin 2020 - Competition Rules And Details

The Mad Hughesy

47 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Sorry @ellicat. I just realised I’ve already responded to a post in the Leaderboard topic, with banter again. Is there any way of moving them over to this topic. Sorry but I just can’t help myself when I see an opportunity. 

I can only move all posts past a set point in a thread (as I have done here 🙂 ).

Attention all Southside Landlubbers, especially you @DropBear

I am sorry to inform you but @DropBear’s massive bream capture won’t count because it doesn’t comply with the rules. I know English is a hard language to understand but most Northsiders have mastered it. If you need help interpreting the rules just ask any Northsider. Most of them are lawyers, doctors or other professionals and will be more than happy to help

cheers

Greg

A proud Northsider.

Hey @Drop Bear. Another thing. I was just admiring your impressive trevally capture, and although I realise you won’t be submitting it to the IGFA anytime soon, I was wondering why your fingers are SO BIG compared to the brag mat beneath. You didn’t buy that brag mat on the Southside did you? They are notorious down there for brag mats that show centimetres when they are actually millimetres.

Also, maybe you should try using a slightly larger hook in future. Just trying to be helpful to my fellow competitors, even if they do live on the wrong side of town.

39 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I would suggest you all need glasses .... look again ..... 😉🧐😃

If you are referring to the printed characters on the squid jig packet, that is printing, not writing. To write is to use cursive. Which, for you Southsiders, is running writing. As I said earlier, just ask a northsider. They’ll be glad to help. 
cheers

Greg

😂

1 hour ago, GregOug said:

If you are referring to the printed characters on the squid jig packet, that is printing, not writing. To write is to use cursive. Which, for you Southsiders, is running writing. As I said earlier, just ask a northsider. They’ll be glad to help. 
cheers

Greg

😂

Technically true unfortunately, so instead of giving you a three finger salute I will stick to one ... 🖕🤔

5 hours ago, GregOug said:

Attention all Southside Landlubbers, especially you @DropBear

I am sorry to inform you but @DropBear’s massive bream capture won’t count because it doesn’t comply with the rules. I know English is a hard language to understand but most Northsiders have mastered it. If you need help interpreting the rules just ask any Northsider. Most of them are lawyers, doctors or other professionals and will be more than happy to help

cheers

Greg

A proud Northsider.

Of course I’m only joking. Who knows, with the weather the way it is at the moment, it might be the winning bream!

47 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

It was too windy for NPD so i went out on my stand up board and trolled a grinner under  the indooroopilly bridge  using 2lb braid with a 300m leader of 200lb mono. Picked up a 2m cobia that was too long for the brag mat so i had to take an extra photo of the brag mat. It is the truth as its a truth mat. Cheers Ray

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

Yeah I’ll accept that, seems legitimate 

1 hour ago, rayke1938 said:

It was too windy for NPD so i went out on my stand up board and trolled a grinner under  the indooroopilly bridge  using 2lb braid with a 300m leader of 200lb mono. Picked up a 2m cobia that was too long for the brag mat so i had to take an extra photo of the brag mat. It is the truth as its a truth mat. Cheers Ray

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

Seems perfectly fine to me too. The tackle used makes sense, the location is a known cobia hangout and the photo looks totally legit. Also, cobia is on the specified species list and it’s posted on the page @Drop Bear posts most of his catches. 

Edited by GregOug
Total stupidity

1 hour ago, rayke1938 said:

Hey rayke1938

You should've told me! I would've came down with my kayak and tried to catch one too! 😉 

Cheers Hamish

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

What about Barra I thought Barra would be on the list ? I mean it doesn’t really matter but I fought it would be there alongside with mangrove jack 

i think for the most of the members, Barra isnt really a targetable species here in SEQ, which is where the majority of members are.

as for Jacks, im pretty sure i used to include them when i made this comp a few years back, but no one ever submitted an entry so i got rid of it.

If it was proper summer, then i might add it for next year.

27 minutes ago, samsteele115 said:

Got a few small tailor today, probs legal but didn't bother. Finally got a decent one and put my bag down to organise photo etc and Mr Tailor goes flappy flappy shake hook and water slide down rock weeeeeee goodbye Mr Tailor. Sorry Southside, it appears I am incompetent so far 

Too bad, Sam. Plenty of good weather coming up this week so get cracking before @GregOug makes it to Fraser.