Pin Trip 12/8/20

ellicat

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

familiar looking spots there @Old Scaley... can't believe you went there without me... 

Haha, @benno573. Well, if you would just hurry up and get the sack from your work (I can’t believe they have kept employing you for so long!) we could go there a lot more regularly. 😋 A second yabbie pumper wouldn’t hurt either. 

44 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Haha, @benno573. Well, if you would just hurry up and get the sack from your work (I can’t believe they have kept employing you for so long!) we could go there a lot more regularly. 😋 A second yabbie pumper wouldn’t hurt either. 

yeah... and the way @ellicat complains a second bucket carrier / yabbie pickerupperer also wouldn't go astray.

Good to see Bwian floundering about. 

@samsteele115 - flounder are excellent eating, super easy to clean as well.  you can fillet larger ones, you end up losing a fair bit on the smaller ones so usually just cook them whole.  custom made for fry pans

3 hours ago, benno573 said:

yeah... and the way @ellicat complains a second bucket carrier / yabbie pickerupperer also wouldn't go astray.

@samsteele115 - flounder are excellent eating, super easy to clean as well.  you can fillet larger ones, you end up losing a fair bit on the smaller ones so usually just cook them whole.  custom made for fry pans

Agree totally. One of my favourite fish.  

3 hours ago, benno573 said:

Bwain? Is that a reference to Monty Python? Life of Brian. Funniest part ever. Biggus Dickus. Lol

22 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Agree totally. One of my favourite fish.  

I have only had the flounder once, GregOug. It was when I caught it drifting with my best mate on his grandad's boat on the Pine River.

We cooked it whole after cleaned, and it was very good. I would rate them higher than bream.

Cheers Hamish

12 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I have only had the flounder once, GregOug. It was when I caught it drifting with my best mate on his grandad's boat on the Pine River.

We cooked it whole after cleaned, and it was very good. I would rate them higher than bream.

Cheers Hamish

Bream eat poo and have 45839 bones. I would hope so 🙃

6 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Would that potentially be a new type of bait samsteele115? 

Cheers Hamish 😉 

Yeah I'd throw one on live for bait. Funny story, the last queeny I caught had a 29cm bream in its guts and the head of another. Amazing! 

Hahaha @GregOug na each to their own, I love Mullet which many people don't like 

On 12/08/2020 at 5:34 PM, ellicat said:

@Old Scaley invited me out for a salt session before my Glenlyon trip and I couldn't say no.

We headed off at 6.30am and headed straight for the good yabby bank where the yabbies are mainly above average size. I was happy to not fall in this time. Steve was a bit slow on the pumping but I was picking them up at a rate of knots, peaking at 7 from one pump.

Then we got down to the fishing with the main target being some summer whiting. Steve was on the board early with a keeper whiting and then I found a decent sized flounder and then the bream came through. They were all a decent size, so we kept a few for a feed.

We hit Gold Bank as we slowly meandered our way back towards the ramp picking up a few whiting and Steve getting a trevelly. Not sure on the end score but I brought home 3 flounder around the same edible size, with Steve keeping the feed of bream and several good whiting.

The covid19 holiday makers were once again out in force, with the water full of craft all day. Good day to be out there with the sun shining and a light breeze coming in late in the morning.

Thanks for another top day on the water, Steve.

20200812_095427.thumb.jpg.c34e6dec72d8dd7d3e363b6861693b64.jpg20200812_094352.thumb.jpg.5a1fad3d03c1d6d9b210c595ebde48fc.jpg

20200812_095427.thumb.jpg.c34e6dec72d8dd7d3e363b6861693b64.jpg

PS  We also nailed 3 or 4 flatties. They were under but the one that may have been close spat the hook boatside.

Sounds like a cracker day! 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Haz91a said:

Looks like an awesome day, I’ve just bought a 4.8 stessco, been out to the pin a few times with no luck, Hopefully get my head wrapped around all the waterways around the Gold Coast soon 😂

Sounds good Haz91a. Hopefully you can start catching some bigguns! 

Welcome to the forum as well. You'll like it on here and hopefully learn a lot too!

Cheers Hamish