Jack spots

Mylesfisher

Hey guys I have recently given up on the spear fishing idea as I will only be home on the weekends as I am becoming a border and a curado and bass raider combo is probably more appealing for overall use. Just wondering about general areas for jacks like I’m not looking for the exact honey hole that you caught that 60 just general locations as I have learnt that a bunch of canals are trash and wastes of time only bream and some are full of big red dogs this is as those bad canals are way too shallow or only have pumped sand and no structure but still I am not sure for spots I know that the Capri bridges and the pontoons near the open water are great when fishing is good but those inland sections that branch off are just complete wastes of space for fishing but I have seen people catching more in some inland branches in other canals also I have heard that the canals near TSS are good but it is the same only the ones near the main runway are good just wondering where the best canals are in the goldie just a general area as most of the info I have got for spots was linda useless I saw Alex w on YouTube seems like a good fisherman but I have tried to geolocate his spots for the last month and I have had no luck wondering which canals he goes to? If at least one of you could give me a good canal I will be happy I have not fished for 2 months as I have been sick and stolen from but a cowling is now ready for purchase on the 3rd urs truly on an update

,Myles 

You guys should get onto Tomo from The Mangrove Jack Fishing Guide On the Gold Coast. He has done a lot of talks at info sessions with John Costello and Doug Burt.
His number is 0473 634 500.

He owns the Mangrove Jack Fishing  Group on Facebook.

His guides teach you everything in 1 night and it’s very informative. 
I thought it was awesome when I did it and I’ve been catching jacks now I know what to do. They run for about 4hrs and you go fishing ect. A good night and money well spent. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i am back here on this topic I have had my first couple weeeks of boarding school I am keen to go on. a boat trip my boat is in southport I would like to have a crack at runaways  bays canals this time earlier too just so i can have a little try at the trev action there I hav eheard that it is good for jacks but not really sure as basically all of the vids from the slow rolling youtubers fish in coomera but i will haev to trust dougie on this one has anyone been?