A Trip to the Synagogue

ellicat

Great fish Brian! Don’t worry about the worms - they are not harmful for humans raw or cooked, just offputting! You will be able to see them in the fish flesh mainly along the backbone bit. For want of a better description, they look like a white tadpole - white with an oval head and curly tail. You can use a skewer to dig them out of the flesh. 

15 minutes ago, Andrew_P said:

Great fish Brian! Don’t worry about the worms - they are not harmful for humans raw or cooked, just offputting! You will be able to see them in the fish flesh mainly along the backbone bit. For want of a better description, they look like a white tadpole - white with an oval head and curly tail. You can use a skewer to dig them out of the flesh. 

I'm not sure how I can ignore that while I'm ingesting it. 😬 And I definitely can't let the good wife see it.

21 hours ago, ellicat said:

I'm not sure how I can ignore that while I'm ingesting it. 😬 And I definitely can't let the good wife see it.

Turn the lights off ......... 🤣. Congrats on your first legal jewie mate, well done!  I've caught two that were both right on 75cm so you're now ahead of me. Been numerous years since I've caught one so perhaps I need to start doing some river sessions again.

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Well done mate on the fish, the landing net and the non-smoking. And now for the threadie!

Yep, that's a great piscatorial start to the new year @ellicat. And yes, a threadie now would be great - have you caught a legal one before? I've never caught one 😞.