New soft plastic rod recommendations

Abyss

Hey, so I just bust a guide on my trusty egihead rod that I would use for light jigheads and really need to use something more specific for the shallows. I want to use my ci4 2500, and feel like it should be in the 2-4 or 3-5kg range, single piece around 6'6 for use on tinnie-jetski. I'm mainly looking to chase flathead, maybe the odd squire-snapper and grassy around Cleveland -Peel area. Been a while since I've been buying rods so I'm a little out of touch, any recommendations? Thanks 👍

8 hours ago, Abyss said:

Ok thanks, what do you think out of these two veritas?

medium light (3-6kg 2-10g cast weight) 1 piece

or

light spin (2-4kg 9-38g cast weight)versions?

I know it's relative to cast weight and line etc, but given target species and location and that you have one? 😀

I would probably get the rod with the heavier weight rating so you will be able to put some more power on the reefies with a tighter drag. 

Has anyone tried this JW carbon budget rod for soft plastics? I had the 3-6kg version and quite like it, but I don't have this.

Jarvis Walker Bullseye 6'10'' 2-4kg Estuary Spinning Rod

https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-rods/spinning-rods/jarvis-walker-bullseye-610-2-4kg-estuary-spinning-rod/BP90121303-black

35 minutes ago, ubnt said:

Has anyone tried this JW carbon budget rod for soft plastics? I had the 3-6kg version and quite like it, but I don't have this.

Jarvis Walker Bullseye 6'10'' 2-4kg Estuary Spinning Rod

https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-rods/spinning-rods/jarvis-walker-bullseye-610-2-4kg-estuary-spinning-rod/BP90121303-black

Wow. For that price it's worth a test.

5 hours ago, mzaakir said:

image.png.0798cae45b6629d0ddc82c7c319f5953.pngThese rods are amazing, if you want to pay a bit more a daiwa infeet or a shimano zodias would be a great rod to pair with the stradic. Personally i wouldnt pair a relatively high end reel like a stradic to some $50 rod, i like to pair it with something similar in price range.

I have a Shimano Zodias already for the bigger fish with a vanford, nice rod but I haven't caught enough bigger models to fully appreciate it yet! Hence a focus on the smaller units for now 😁

• 1 month later...