Longtail and Mack Tuna

lachrdr

Congrats on the longie mate, they're great fun to catch and sounds like you've worked out a trick to hook them 🙂. Beautiful time of the year to be camping and fishing over there. Do you mind if I ask where you camped and what mooring the boat was like - does the tide go out far?

16 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Congrats on the longie mate, they're great fun to catch and sounds like you've worked out a trick to hook them 🙂. Beautiful time of the year to be camping and fishing over there. Do you mind if I ask where you camped and what mooring the boat was like - does the tide go out far?

This time we were camped down near Shark Spit. We always camp on the Western side anywhere from Comboyuro to Shark Spit. The tides do go out a bit but not too big. Just need to keep a close eye on the boat if you anchor in close on a high tide. I think the campsites south of shark spit are worse with big mangrove flats. 

The only issue is if you anchor deep one arvo and want to go for an early fish in the morning, it can be a pretty brisk wade/swim out to the boat! Especially this time of year.