Rules and Regs

Gazza

Asked a few pll about this :pinch:

If Anchored for the night with no intention of moving (sheltered bay etc)

What are the regs on having a nice cold one or 2 ????

I often see the look at me boats sipping wine etc is there a ruling on it if anchored with the keys out of the ignition are you safe or does one licenced person need to be sober :pinch:

Just a thought and maybe usefull hint for us boaties

Gaz

Im guessing here but i reckon due to the nature of the weather changing and drifting on an anchor and the like you would need someone under the limit at all times.

From the qld gov website.

Alcohol rules

Recreational ships

The skipper must have a blood alcohol limit of less than 0.05, the same rules as on the road. The skipper is also responsible for the safety of the passengers and should be responsible for their alcohol consumption. The effects of alcohol are enhanced while on the water due to the sun, wind, waves and constant motion. Reflexes and response times to emergencies are slowed and swimming ability deteriorates considerably.

Skippers of recreational boats should also be aware that, when their boat is anchored, it may still be considered to be used for navigation, and the blood alcohol limit applies. The limit does not change unless the boat is securely moored in a marina, to a jetty or wharf or on a swing mooring.

Shortie has pretty much hit it on the head there. I am sure I have posted it before, just not sure whether it was here or another website.

Unless your boat is on the trailer, tied to a jetty or pontoon, or on a swing mooring (defined as anchored not using the boats equipment) then a suitably licenced person must be able to take control of the vessel at all times and to this must be under the 0.05 limit.

If you want some more info (and I suggest you do :-)) then I can send it in a PM to you.

bootyinblue wrote:

Unless your boat is on the trailer, tied to a jetty or pontoon, or on a swing mooring (defined as anchored not using the boats equipment) then a suitably licenced person must be able to take control of the vessel at all times and to this must be under the 0.05 limit.

There it is Gazza, if the water police did the "look at me mob" which drunken bum would they do for being in charge? Probably be half a dozen of them over the limit on the boat! :P

Archived