Lets go Kayak off Bribie

username_taken

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can remember reading somewhere i think it was on akff.net that when coming into the beach if you find your self gaining speed over the crest of a wave if you put both legs over the side it will bring you back down over the back of the wave at which point you paddle like mad to stay behind it.

is this correct? does it work?

sorry for another question it seems im always asking for advice :P

thanks guys

Tom

Fishyman: I dont want to get your hopes up or down, but the forcast is not great to be honest. It its 25 knots as predicted, and with the swell, itd be tough going for anyone. From Alex's insurance point of view, possibly to dangerous. We will wait until the last minute to make the call. But just wanted to throw it out there.

Bare in mind all wont be lost. Its not like there will never be more AFO yaking days!

Angus

pcsolutionman wrote:

Id say wait till we get there and see the conditions, with a backup plan to hit Ningi creek or somewhere similar close by

Lee

Ningi creek is another option as lee said.

back a few pages i think lee said even with large swells the shore break where we are launching usually isnt that big

we can allways go to the calm side of the island there is a fantastic rock ledge that drops from a few feet of water to well over twenty feet vertically there is some massive caves in it holding some good fish it would be worth trolling the front of that ledge it runs for a couple of kms up the southern edge of the island ive got some loverly bream from there in the good old days when i could land a fish :) :laugh:

Ok guys.

The latest on the trip.

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news first. Alex is 1005 coming. So Tom, its on mate. You will have your profish to try out. I will also be there so look forward to seeing all and trying to get some fish!

The bad news however is: I think someone lost their cat and I have found it. This is poster I have been putting out everywhere. If you know the owner please let them know. [img size=300]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bad.jpg

post-63-144598444126_thumb.jpg

Archived