Bli Bli Barra Park AFO Barra Comp ?

Angus

fishyman wrote:

unfortunately at this stage im going to have to pull out :(

im in year 12 this year and the week following ive got some assignments due which no doubt i will have not finished so ill need everyday i can get to work on them.

But, if i happen to be finished by then ill try and make it up :)

have a good day guys

I know your pain:( I'm in Yr 11 now and it sucks.

But there's no way I'm letting this opportunity go (even an english assignment due the next day:ohmy::lol:)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks jeff.

haha dan, school is actually pretty important for me at the moment i have to get a reasonable OP for what i am hoping to do. plus it fills in time between fishing trips.

im pretty sad actually becasue i cant get out for a fish this weekend :( im going to a music festival (SOUNDWAVE 08) on saturday and sunday im playing in the 'braggers rights cup' but i might have time for a arvo flick at shultz or something hopefully

Sorry I missed this post. (I'm a bit distant due to work busting up my life) Gezz there's a few of you guys going. I'll see how things pan out and try to get along.

It would be worth teh trip just to see Ray get dragged into the water by a big mother on the 50lb hand line. Someone get teh camera ready.:woohoo:

Dan23 wrote:

I was going to go buy a Tierra especially for this comp but Kev just said I can borrow his Axis so I'm happy:) I'll also take a second mid weight spinning combo. Are there places to sit a spare rod or should I bring a rod holder spike?

mate you should be ok on the big boy pond.... heaps of holders around there but the others, i don't no...

shortie, what model glx mate??? i wouldn't mind a throw.. I'll have my dsr 8200's and shr 821 and a sjr gl3 there if any 1 wants to have a play..

noel

Cando wrote:

Dan23 wrote:
I was going to go buy a Tierra especially for this comp but Kev just said I can borrow his Axis so I'm happy:) I'll also take a second mid weight spinning combo. Are there places to sit a spare rod or should I bring a rod holder spike?

mate you should be ok on the big boy pond.... heaps of holders around there but the others, i don't no...

shortie, what model glx mate??? i wouldn't mind a throw.. I'll have my dsr 8200's and shr 821 and a sjr gl3 there if any 1 wants to have a play..

noel

Bronzebak SMR 822s-sp

8-12lb fast action

Yeah just turn left off the Sunshine Coast Motorway and drive for no more than a KM on the David Low Way. You cant miss it as it is attached to the Cable Ski Park. Land Locked Ski Lice. Hopefully the fishing park will eventually annex that pond as well :P

Angus

Feral: When we were there we did the best in one spot. We had the Big Boys on one side of us and the Barra Creek on the other. So we could fish either and never had to move out stuff.

Also I can see that a lot of people are going to isolate themselves in the Big Boys. Remember that the Mized Species and the Barra Creek also have 1m + specimens just not as many.

In fact the Mixed Species have some of the biggest speciments.

Farm Records that I can remember:

Longest Jack: 71cm

Longest Barra: 1.2 Meters

There were heaps more.

To give variety and other people a chance, there will be a prize for Longest Barra, and Best Misc. (Both need to be photographed on a brag mat. Please everyone bring a brag mat if you have one so there are plenty floating around).

Cheers.

if i can ill pop in around 1.

any chance for a lift back to brisbane for me and my mate around western suburbs somewhere so my dad can leave as we are fishing the morning somewhere aswell.

Dan? could you fit 2 in mate i presume yoru taking kev? in which case ill just get picked up from kevs

Guys as per the event in the calendar the comp is 12-6.

And for all the technical questions, treat this as a fun day and a social. The prizes are massive, just tokens. The point of the day is just to meet up with fellow BFo members and have some fun :)

Angus

Archived