Grass 5 Me 7 NPD 29TH

Dinodadog

Slipped out to the dam this am for my usual exercise, walking for lower body and casting for upper body ( I need to do a lot more casting).

Anyway tried out the trusty light purple s/bait and on right away only to lose it in the grass on the way in. 20 more casts and zip. So I moved a few more mts along the bank and got a couple before I lost another to the grass, then as before zip again.

This seemed to be the pattern for the session, when you lose a fish in the grass it spooks the other fish for quite awhile. Most of the fish caught were good size around 40cm except for one very little bass and some of the lost ones pulled well too. Black and silver s/bait done the trick today, because of overcast cond.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd_29_001.JPG

post-1453-144598445625_thumb.jpg

Aaron H wrote:

Dino,

how is the access at the moment, still 8 ft grass or have they slashed some areas (I'm still being a sook from the last time I nearly stood on a snake out there:( )

Aaron: Dont fish Stanly land based then :P Stu, Plasticman and I could tell you some stories :P

Dino: Nice work mate. Its about time I checked out good ol NP.

Angus

Thanks Feral and Ellicat about the split posts, no more brackets

Stu lost a couple of real good fish boo hoo

Ellicat they dont have to much to worry about

Aaron there is not very many places to fish, I get the most at bullocky,some gaps in grass

Rocket only lost 1 s/bait to the grass its the sticks that get your lures

Angus they are out there waiting for you

Archived