Making Tracks rewards

Dinodadog

Shot out to NPD this am with the sole purpose of blazing new tracks. Well I followed one of the walking tracks around from forgans to a backwater that used to be very productive 6 or 8 months ago. I soon found it was not very easy going, as a matter of fact it was a jungle, the vines on the ground tripped me 3 times and on that 3rd time I came down with a thud and my right arm landed 5cm from a 20cm razor sharP spike. That was enough to make me wake up and to proceed with caution.

Anyway we made it to the water on the sth side of the backwater and managed 1 for the mate and 2 for me all around the 35cm size. we then made our way around to the nth side very slowly and had 4567 casts for not even a hit. So I looked at the time and it was 8/30am so I said to the mate we better try somewhere else. Took about 30mins to walk back to forgans, but it worked out ok as my 1st cast there I got a 52cm and a few casts later a 47cm, plus a few more rats and lost a couple to the grass.

By the pics its not hard to see what they were caught on. Next week or later this week when I recover from all the wounds I'll be back into it.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd_001.JPG

post-1453-144598451737_thumb.jpg

You must have seen our tracks Dino, did you swing left or right from forgs? We went left, to a bank that used produce a stack. was fairly bare, the fish seem to be showing more so on the points rather than on the straight banks of late.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad idea that, I was thinking much the same when i went out there this week.

The only thing against that plan is the mud that edges the dam.

I know from experience that it is quite easy to get stuck in, so you would have to take that into consideration.

Worth a crack though (but maybe not alone in case you get stuck:unsure: )

Rocket

Archived