kicked off

jeff f

Dinodadog wrote:

I have had this several times,my wife reakons I hit the wrong buttons. I have a Benq Joybook A52 LAPTOP with Windows Vista and if you fingers go anywhere near the pad it changes. Takes a bit of getting used to for a novice

try adjusting the sensativity of the pad in the control panal!

Dinodadog wrote:

I have had this several times,my wife reakons I hit the wrong buttons. I have a Benq Joybook A52 LAPTOP with Windows Vista and if you fingers go anywhere near the pad it changes. Takes a bit of getting used to for a novice

Now there is your Problem. Lose Vista.

Shortie. I have ran vista for quite a while now. Haven't had a problem with it. If you have modern hardware with up to date driver support and enough grunt you should be fine. If you have an old P3 with 512MB RAM forget itB)

However in truth the only reason I upgrading to Vista was I needed another legit license for a new PC I was building, and went with their new product. Unless you need a another license or DX10, you don't need it. Sorry to get off track:)

shortie wrote:

Vista= no control and stupid messages. very cumbersome. Even on a p4 3.2 overclocked to 3.52 2gb ram

Shorty, UsernameT is right, you can turn UAC off. Its the first thing you should do, it takes 10 secondsB)

BTW I have a 2.6 GHz Core2, which smashes the P4 range, works a treat.

• 2 months later...

Firstly, it is best to always click links rather than use the back button on any secure site or on a site that you need authentication (eg logging in to AFO).

Also AFO will end a signed in session after 6000 seconds.

Booty if your hardware is struggling with Vista, I think you can still buy retain copies of XP for now. Mind you, XP won't be sold for much longer as a stand alone retain product; it will only be available on low-end laptops etc.

BTW - I am still happy with Vista on my PC. Runs sweetly, super stable. My biggest gripe is that you have to learn how to use a new OSB) I would certainly not put it on a low end machine though...

well i was going to quote Jeff and attempt something humourless like "you can't teach an old dog a new trick", but ironically I cant use "Reply" or "Quote" on this thread now, only "Quick Reply". (I get some error along the lines of "the administrator has disabled public something or other.... (I forgot))

But yeah Jeff in all seriousness mate, the complete change around of all the menus, where functions and features are located etc, is by far the biggest gripe I have with Vista. It is a serious pain having to find out where everything lives again! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Yes this thread is locked. There is an issue with the forum which will need to be fixed.

Please keep on topic - this area of the site is so we can keep track of errors and problems that need to be addressed. So we dont have to sift through pages of chat on vista and xp. Feel free to start a topic in the correct category.

Archived