Excitement of getting new gear

Do$tylz

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share a small piece of excitement, in my otherwise office crap filled day.

Just received my new Strudwick sic stick 6"6', 1-3kg, 2 piece, form Motackle today. I ordered it on Sunday while I was bored at work, and it has come today. WOO HOO :laugh: :woohoo:

I took them up on their $69 special. I've been eyeing the special for weeks now, and finally just figured...why not.

Anyway.... does anyone else get as excited as I do when they get new gear??? It drives my g/f insane when I get new stuff. I'm like a kid.

Heres a pic to share some love. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/23042008641_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598454715_thumb.jpg

Hahaha.. yeah I lined up my sx40 boxes on top of my computer screen as well when I got them.

I'm thinking I will give it a shot at Shultz this Friday when I get out with Gus. Gonna keep this rod as a plastics only rod, my other light combo will be a hard-body only.

username_taken wrote:

nice man! I've got the slightly longer sic stic and have been pretty happy with it, a few people have commented that they break easily, but that hasn't happened to me yet. Only complaint I have is the reel seat screw undoes easily, Could probably fix that with a layer of plumbers tape.

Yeah I think any really light weight rod will always be very prone to breaking at the tip. BUT.... my new rod came in pre-cut pvc piping with the end caps on them. So thats my new rod-carrier. I'm sure this will help prevent tip breakage.

Mate nice choice on the SicStic, i got a 7ft and love it to bits!

You should see me when i get a parcel i know is full of lures or new reel or line. Also after a binge at BCF or whatever, Once home i take home the bag of goodies, sit at the back patio(usually with a beer), and slowly, one by one pul them all out, take wrapping off etc. Its a great feeling

I get mine sent to work, easiest way to get them without getting an earful!

I saw those rods on Mo Tackle Dostylz, was tempted, but just ordered some hooks and gulp corn for the weekend. Hope it comes tomorrow or I wont have a use for them. Normally when I order Sunday I get it wednesday, so was a bit disappointed no parcel today!

brisbane_boy wrote:

yer i always look forward to wen i buy stuff on ebay, and all i can think about on the walk home from the bus is " will it be home" then i get home and its not there and i get depresses :(

I know that feeling. I hate it when the postage is really slow and it you get that feeling every day for a couple of weeks before it comes:silly:

But what really sucks is when it's slow postage and when it finally comes, it's alot worse than you expected:(

Great looking rod Do$tylz:cheer: Let us know how it goes:)

^^ as above on the costs.

Just went to anaconda last night and ran into Benno, and got to meet Nastymind for the first time. Picked up a small Trion gx7 reel, 4lb white fireline, and 4lb flourocarbon leader. Gonna give kev a call soon an head out to Shultz.

WOOT.

hell yea love the feeling of getting new gears, i order my stuff from Japan often and it keeps me checking my mail box every arvo lol

just got these a couple weeks ago and yet to take them for a try maybe this weekend B)

Photo00029.jpg

egimaru x 3 added to my egi collection

Archived