Carping the Albert

loomis

Spent last Monday afternoon in the yak chasing some Bass...With a front coming in, thunder off in the distance and the odd patch of drizzle things were not looking good, however it sure beats working!

It didnt take long for the first Bass to come aboard suprisingly. A fat and feisty model in the mid 30s'...hit hard...played dirty! What more could a man ask for?

But as it turned out that was it for the Bass...so I started targetting Carp...on lure! Throughout the time I have discovered what leads to a good carp hideout. So I went looking. By the end of the day I had caught 5 of the buggers, all on lure. A TN50 actually, but dont tell Lake Police that else I will be shot as I dont think jerkbaits were invented for Carp.

The smallest was about 30cm, but the largest went 68cm and pulled like a train...for a noxious pest, they are a barrel of fun!

Heres another loomis production...No Bass this time, its all carp!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CgzYOGKlak

Enjoy!:)

Angus: Whats the AFO kayak camp? I will look around the site as I am sure there are detials somewhere.

Mack: I use 6lb mainline and 10lb leader on all of my gear...I used to use heavier but I really dont see the need. I have used this gear in the Clarence River, Somerset Dam, Lake MacDonald (before the flood) and all the other big Bass haunts without a problem.

Sure I may get stitched up every now and again, but thats all part of fishing...have to give the Bass a fighting chance at least.

• 2 weeks later...

wow!!!

I just showed this video to the forum of my friends- fishermen in Poland. They were surprised you treated carp like this :)

Everybody knows the reason why. But you know- in Poland there are different clubs and many people who only fishing the carps. 10-20 kilos each one and next release so when they saw you killing small carp with your net and put in the ground- they were disguisted :)))

in Poland we have got only 4 real warm months thats why it is not enough for carp to increase population in the wild lakes and we haven't got so many. people even buy carps and put them to the lakes. here is opposite- nobody wants it for free and take out of lakes :)

TONYMONTANA0 wrote:

wow!!!

so when they saw you killing small carp with your net and put in the ground- they were disguisted :)))

:)

I laughed my guts out, thought it was sooo funny. I let a bass go with the tender loving care of my first born but the carp get the knife [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P3240019_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598457978_thumb.jpg

Archived