Wivenhoe hot day for ice jigs

Dinodadog

Slipped over the hill to the Big W to try out the new little tinny, was not very impressed with it, may be alright for a one person boat but with two people you have to warn the other if you make a sudden move. Its a lightweight 3.4 cartopper. I was after a boat that was easy for me with a crook back but I think I went to light. Anyway we learnt to roll along OK after awhile.

Fishing...We set off trolling in about 25ft of water and never got a touch so when we got to some 30ft plus water Ichanged to a couple of lures that go down to 28ft, nice chrome ones I gave the mate my favorite in elton john colour and I put on a purple one, well he gets his 2nd fish as he got one on the bank while I was getting the boat ready, then he goes and gets another, he's up to 3 and I havn't drawn a scale. While we were busy getting his fish off we drifted over a school, so I quickly put a jackal on and started casting, 5 catfish later I decided to give the ice jigs a go, and did we have some fun,bass catfish bass catfish mate was up to 5 bass and I was up to 4 then while taking the last fish off we drifted off the school and we could not find them again, should of dropped a marker down. On the way back got more catties trolling and then I picked up another bass on a Flicks made purple lure.

Point to note some of the fish we caught had the red spot sickness or fin rott.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/wiv_003.JPG

post-1453-144598456857_thumb.jpg

Good work Dino + deckie! Any fishie biologists out there ? Is that redness the sign of something fatal and contageous, or just a passing sickness?

Thanks Dino, good size specimens. Got any pics of an ice jig for the uninformed masses?

Rocket

Ray yes I feel at home there with all the fatties

Rocket usualy fish with sores come from dirty foul water

Angus hopefully not fat for long started gym last week docs orders D2

Lee I will PM you later in the week

Andrew at least 4 had the red marks on them, last ones I seen with this was from L Macdonald

Stu they were gone like last weeks pay

Bommie yes mate we should be in for a good winter

Rocket75 wrote:

Good work Dino + deckie! Any fishie biologists out there ? Is that redness the sign of something fatal and contageous, or just a passing sickness?

Rocket

According to the old man, those red sores are signs of poor water quality. Usually only see them in lakes that are quite low.

Archived