Rainbow Beach Trip

shortie

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surf is exactly like that. surf. if you pick the right place you should have too many problems getting out beyond the break. there are often TUNA:woohoo: just wide of DIP, i will definately be heading up the a few days weather permitting. gotta get you mojo running....

Ok guys we now need to start sorting out the logistics of this trip.

Some thingw we need to sort out

1. Confirmation on who is coming and for what days.

2. Food. The amount of room in Vehicles is going to be a problem. We will not be able to carry a esky for everyone. Everyone cooking different stuff will also be a pain in the arse on the BBQ.

Once we work out confirmes numbers we can do a group shop of nescessites like

Meat, Bread Eggs, Spuds. paper plates ect. and split the cost. (If This suits)

3. Other Gear like BBQ's and cooking stuff. We only need 1 set of these to limit space in vehicles.

Lights.

4. Fuel. Obviously this is going to be a big expense.

5. We need to work out esky space for Drinks ect.

Any suggestion please respond. Any more things ive forgotten about add that as well.

Shortie: I've already mentioned that I'm not going for the full duration, but as for food, perhaps trying to keep it simple is the best solution here.

Ie some basic BBQ stuff. snags, meats, onions, bread, eggs, bacon, cereal for breaky maybe.

Guys, I would like to come along for the whole trip, but I would need a lift from Redcliffe and back.

I will pay/chip in and if needed, buy stuff.

I have limited gear, being my first camping and beach fishing trip in Australia.

I will have to buy a Surf Rod and some end gear, also a tent and camping bed.

I DO have a TRANGRIA cookingset for Gas and a medium Esky though.

Seriously boyz, 5 days without a dump a shower with heaps of strange men:woohoo:

Just let me catch some fish.....

once we know who is coming and when we will formulate a plan from there. there is obviously going to be a few people who have said they are just coming for the weekend, that is fine, as long as we know we will buy enough stuff for the relevant night. it won't be gourmet or anything, but you won't go hungry.

there will always be fish as a back-up, or, failing that, pippies aren't too bad! :laugh:

carsten, i should be ok to pick you up on the way through.

if anyone else is coming up for the weekend, the whole time, just sata night, don't care really just let us know. shortie and i are happy to collect you from tewantin (near the pub across the river or something) and drive you up the beach if you are 4WD-less. as long as you are happy to push if we get stuck!

There are a few 4wd's coming up for the weekend only. hopefully these guys will be able to bring those without vehicles coming only for the weekend.

Pippies are great done in a tomato sauce type base with onions and garlic. Not the first time ive eaten the bait.

Yep simple menu. Easy clean up. Will be basic meat on bread type thing.

If youve got special food requirements like, vego, vegan stay ate home cause the men are going camping. (Kidding)

Yep happy topick pepole up from pub. Just let us know early enough what time so we have time for a beer first.

Jordan wrote:

my decision will have to be a last minute one unfortunatley as it depends on work and results. seeing as this will be the case i will bring my own tent food etc and drive myself and whoever else need be up there.

no probs jordan... glad you're bringing your own tent... :blink:

chubbstar wrote:

shortie wrote:
Ignore last post.

Im there still cant wait.

Damn, happy yoou changed your mind, was going to be hard yakka tieing you up, loading all your gear and dragging you up there:blink:

yeah i wasn't overly keen on it myself... and then the whinging when he woke up after the chloroform wore off... :blink::P

Archived