What high school did you go to??

Do$tylz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

namyau wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:
yeah mate. I think its the ever present argument of Private Vs Public schools. For me personally, I'd go highly regarded public well before Id go private for my kids. I personally have found that the public school kids seem to be a little more grounded than the private ones. And I found in my years the private schools kids are the first and worst at getting into the drug culture. Pot was the only thing at my school, but I found that everything and anything was the go at private schools.

I think with some of the GPS/elite private schools, traditions are soo strong that the mentality is that if you go to those schools, you're expected to be of a certain level socially and economically, and act a certain way. If you don't fit in, tradition points and singles you out as an oddity.

Massively debatable subject that has heaps of points of views. Good on ya for holding your own though Benno.

thats true dostyle if you didnt fit in economically or socially then you really didnt fit it

i didn't fit in economically that's for sure. socially, i was bought up different to most of the blokes at bbc, the whole having to work for stuff as opposed to being given it, if you mucked up you were booted back into line etc. my parents were pretty old school like that.

i believe it has helped me in the long run to realise who the person is i never want to become - an ellitest, cashed up, arrogant parent with kids that are even worse. not staying they were all like that (before you start with the letter bombs) but there was definately quite a few there who thought the sun shon out of their every orriface and treated those who's parent did not have a bmw or merc as scum.

as for traditions... don't get me started. it was bordering on archaic at times.

Do$tylz wrote:

benno573 wrote:
Do$tylz wrote:
^^ hahahahaha. You bring your friends... I'll bring mine. ahahaha.

i'll get the trolley bars... :laugh: :silly: :P

Man shopping centres must lose SOOOO many shopping trolley bars every year.

they've made it harder to take them now - last time i looked that have bolted them down.

haha kriso your such a child lol.

i remember some kid in year 9, not a stand out in anything, realy quiet and his mum passed away recently and these guys were paying him out about not having a mum!!! he tried to box on but they kiked his ass so me n my mate thought we would be heroes and teach them a lesson but we got our asses handed to us as well lol.

still, seing shit like that just makes me sick... seing him get cut up like that was way worse then the hiding we got...

Do$tylz wrote:

benno573 wrote:
Do$tylz wrote:
^^ hahahahaha. You bring your friends... I'll bring mine. ahahaha.

i'll get the trolley bars... :laugh: :silly: :P

Man shopping centres must lose SOOOO many shopping trolley bars every year.

I got a locker full of confiscated trolley bars!

what wankers good on ya even if ya copped a hiding, i was a firey bastard with stuff like that had my ass handed to me on a plate a few times till i learnt the old throat punch worked a treat if you where going down hahahah

that's where the system needs to step in. that's totally f'ed up and can lead to all sorts of problems, even suicide. those blokes should be sent to see bubba at the detention centre. i had some similar things happen when my parents went through a divorce... hence the box on i got into. jordan, pick on someone your own size next time...

oh and kriso, i never used trolley bars or any parafinaliar in fights. fists, feet, elbows, knees and headbutts were fine though. still got a scar on my elbow from some guys tooth. :laugh: gotta love mhu thai!

kriso wrote:

hahah one of my mates got picked all the time cause he was a little weedy fella till one day he snapped and they found out he was 2cnd dan taekwondo it was hilarious!!!

it was similar to me with mhu thai... i used to be a short and a bit podgy kid (before i grew 34cm in a year:blink: ), didn't look much... big oops on their behalf... :silly:

hey booty, they do make good "dongers" for in the boat. jeff f with trolley bar v pike eel would be pretty funny i think.

Yeah I was never one for fighting at all actually. Always the first to walk away. But its stories like that shit like that sucks and I'd be one for standing up as well. Good on ya Jords.

Booty - I'd like to see what else you've got in that confiscated locker of yours. I'd bet you'd have some sweet switchblades and butterfly knives.

just don't drop the soap in the shower at some of these places... :P

a trolley bar is the metal bar from a shopping trolley where you hang onto it to push it around. deliquents decided they would be a good weapon. could easily kill someone in the wrong hands. it would be good for dealing with pike eels though... :)

benno573 wrote:

just don't drop the soap in the shower at some of these places... :P

a trolley bar is the metal bar from a shopping trolley where you hang onto it to push it around. deliquents decided they would be a good weapon. could easily kill someone in the wrong hands. it would be good for dealing with pike eels though... :)

also cos the trolley bars are nearly perfect size to conceal up your blazer sleeve or in the school bags. not talking from experience though :whistle:

just about one month ago a group of kids from another school (presumed corinda) came into our school from the oval. walked up to a kid and started beating the absolute shit out of him. one of his friends who i am sorta friends with ran in suicide style jumped in and got all of them onto him so his friend can get away. The cops came it was pretty intense.

hhahah

grammar style = subway carpark in boundary street

no serious fights at our school but the one that there was got on2 youtube

school asked the kid 2 take it off and he did

but then came back on and was in the papers for a week

blew it WAY outta proportion

but yeh private schools=easy targets

also went to the international school of Lae in PNG

inSANE fishing!

miss it sooo much hah

Archived