Wivenhoe on the Weekend

Rocket75

If all goes according to plan, looks like Kath and might be hitting Wivenhoe on Sat afternoon.

Not having fished there before I am really looking forward to the possibility of some bigger class fish than Hinze or Baroon.

As I didn't have one till now and will need one for the weekend, I have just applied for and paid online for my SIP.

Very easy, great that it can be done online like that.:) .

I seem to remember reading that you also need a Boat Permit?

Is that something that you only get on the day at the ramp, or can you get it before hand?

I think it's like $15.00 for a weekly, $100 for a year (no daily avail?:( )

If anyone has the answers about the boat permit, please let me know.

Rocket

LOL... and that doesnt mean you can tear off the rego sticker from your boat trailer and tow it there 'unregistered'.

Rod, what boat are you going to be in and whereabouts are you launching from? I will be sailing out there on Sat afternoon and if the wind is up, might do a flyby of your rods.

Hi Booty, Might hook me a Blue Sail-Fish, I'll pack the heavy gear just in case!

Kath and I will be in our 10ft tinny

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Cabbage_Tree_180408_013-c9097ff4af6c8888992de763cc0dd90c.jpg

with a 54lb electric, launching from Billy's Bay with Bommie.

As much as I'd like to see you enjoying yourself, for our sake I hope the wind isn't too strong.

Might "catch you" out thereB)

post-953-144598457289_thumb.jpg

Mate, well thats where I will be derigging. So you can give me a hand lowering the mast and then I will jump in your tinny....LOL Only kidding, but yea I will be there then so looking forward to a catch up.

I am thinking more and more about transforming my cat into a fishing platform just by adding a piece of marine ply over the tramp, electric on the front or rear crossmember and a couple of rod fluch mount rod holders in the ply to hold extra rods. I think it would be one stable stealthy bass catching machine!

booty have they still got the modifyed cat as a start rescue boat you can modify with a few rod holders on it; say gooday to bill smideran er is that how you spell it and old joe & his son ar memories of the good old sail days i miss those days

Now you are talking with deck chairs and esky. Oh dear I think I will work on it so stay tuned.

The hulls dont really displace much water at all, so I would think a 40 to 54lb would be plenty, mounted on front or back of the tramp, and used with or without the rudders.

brisfisher wrote:

geez them two bass alone would be enough to win the abt tournament!well done mate:)

not at the big w comps you will need somewere near the six kilo mark to win i will be there to give it a red hot go there are two abt bass electric events there this year cant wait

Archived