Baroon Pocket - 21st June.

Angus

Well fishing was a bust. I got one bass and it was the only one caught. Lure was a Damiki Vault :)

The wind blew up early and it made fishing atrocious. Not that I usually mind a bit of wind, but there were literally white caps and it was far from plesent.

The Compromise: Ended up going to Maleny Irish Pub for the afternoon and night. Plenty of games of darts, pool and pints of Guniness for all :P There was a great Celtic band playing so it was a great atmosphere.

Sorry for the lack of reporting.

Angus

Angus wrote:

Well fishing was a bust. I got one bass and it was the only one caught. Lure was a Damiki Vault :)

The wind blew up early and it made fishing atrocious. Not that I usually mind a bit of wind, but there were literally white caps and it was far from plesent.

The Compromise: Ended up going to Maleny Irish Pub for the afternoon and night. Plenty of games of darts, pool and pints of Guniness for all :P There was a great Celtic band playing so it was a great atmosphere.

Sorry for the lack of reporting.

Angus

Glad I decided to not make the hike up there! I ended up going out with a mate in his new boat to the 'pin. We got bugger all, only legal fish was a sole, and by the time i filleted it there's not really much meat.

Frustratingly we were getting our plastics chased by flatties, but they refused to actually bite them. We could see them clearly, a few times they did bite they just grabbed the tails so as soon as we struck it'd come out of their mouths.

pcsolutionman wrote:

Bummer about the fishing Angus but the night at the pub sounds like it surficed

Lee

Yeah Lee it did. To be honest, a few great hours on the dam and the pub with some Guiness and whiskeys in the freezing cold mountains. Not a bad way to spend a saturday :)

Angus

Archived