first jew

flatty_catcher

Went out near the port of brisbane and I dont know the name but its near the Police station and the boat ramp on the other side.

I was flicking around a few softplastics and getting a few hits but after a while i had worked the area over.

Anyways I put a light 1/16 jig head on and a full nuke chook sand worm headed directly under the bridge and started casting lifting slowly and a few other techniques, hoping for some big bream around the pylons.

I Was geting bored and changed my technique to one rather violent flick then letting it drop in midwater BANG!!

landed this fella@80cm on 8lb line and a 10lb leader and dammed if I know how it didnt drag itself around some structure.

my maglite battery went flat and I couldnt see much but the rod and reel are sweet and worth every cent.

Dan

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_3600_AFO.jpg

post-2731-144598471636_thumb.jpg

brisbanebound wrote:

Beautiful fish mate well done.

I take it you were based near the rive mouth? I wonder if you get Jewies further up the river like new farm, newstead?? :cheer:

Well done though!

yep Jews at Newfarm I have never caught them their but seen plenty on here that have.

Threadies definitely further up a long way, same with Bream and Flathead, sharks and Cod,Mangrove Jacks, apparently ocasional Morwong,Mullet and probably a heap more.

For threadies use a live herring or live prawn (cast net), then you will get a bycatch of just about anything...flathead,bream,sharks,cod.

They are ok but I thoroughly recommend getting into the soft plastics, great fun and good results too.

Dan

Archived